Verizon Samsung Fascinate - What you need to know!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. There's no edit button on my post, lol, so sorry for the double post, but "been" above was supposed to be "newb." (The autocorrect bit me)

They disabled the edit button in the news section for those who are regular users. Go figure.

Sent from my Droid

travelingfool

Reaction score
it is an update.zip file that you flash in recovery. you "should" be able to do this if you're rooted.

Ahh, I see. Thanks. I've never rooted before, so im going to hold off until there's a one-click root available for the Droid 2:

travelingfool

Reaction score
The .zip isn't the one you want. You need to be rooted for that one. You the apks from this thread which you can use Astro file manager to install. Make sure you have unknown sources checked in your applications settings.

[Hack/Re-Release] Samsung Galaxy S LWPs (Non-Root) - xda-developers

Save them to your sdcard, open Astro and select it, select open app manager, then select install.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

I have "Unknown Sources" checked in Applications, but when downloading the .apk, it says: "Download unsuccessful. Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone."

It's not a big deal to me, so don't worry about trying to help me more. I'm tired and need to give up and go to bed. Thanks for the help, though :)

accellpo

Reaction score
The .zip isn't the one you want. You need to be rooted for that one. You the apks from this thread which you can use Astro file manager to install. Make sure you have unknown sources checked in your applications settings.

[Hack/Re-Release] Samsung Galaxy S LWPs (Non-Root) - xda-developers

Save them to your sdcard, open Astro and select it, select open app manager, then select install.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

I have "Unknown Sources" checked in Applications, but when downloading the .apk, it says: "Download unsuccessful. Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone."

It's not a big deal to me, so don't worry about trying to help me more. I'm tired and need to give up and go to bed. Thanks for the help, though :)

No prob! If you decide to try again tomorrow, just save them to your pc, then transfer them over to your Droid. Its definitely worth it. They're pretty cool!

travelingfool

Reaction score
No prob! If you decide to try again tomorrow, just save them to your pc, then transfer them over to your Droid. Its definitely worth it. They're pretty cool!

Since I'm on the road and breaking out the laptop is a pain, I tried it with Dolphin and it worked great. Did as you said with Astro and bada bing! They work great, no lag and are pretty sweet looking. The Droid 2 has a bunch of lwp that comes stock, but these are great. Thanks for the help!

HarshReality

Reaction score
So.. looking it at the thing I will say
Dislike:
1. NO KEYBOARD
2. Glossy back.. I would scuff the hell out of it.. I like my rubberized feel

LIKE:
1. Puzzle unlocker
2. Power/Lock button position
3. Faster camera software

Still not dumping my droid... even if I overlooked the keyboard I cant stand a high gloss housing. Makes phones VERY hard to maintain in terms of 'newlook' and resell value IMO.