Verizon Samsung Fascinate - What you need to know!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
samsung-fascinate-minisite.jpg

It's been raining.. actually pouring Samsung Fascinate news this week and we got everything you need to know right here, right now in one simple post.

• Samsung Fascinate micro site goes live on SamsungMobileUSA.com - Droidforums.net
  • Fascinate expected to launch online September 8th and in stores September 9th.- DroidForums
  • Samsung Fascinate begins rolling into Verizon retail stores September 2nd. - Phandroid
  • Training starts for Verizon employees in preparation for the launch next week.- Engadget
  • Samsung Fascinate Wallpapers, Ringtones and more extracted just for you! - Android Central
  • Samsung unveils the Fascinate TV Commercial... "Ever wonder what it would be like to have cinema quality entertainment in the palm of your hand? Introducing the Verizon Fascinate a Samsung Galaxy S phone!" - DroidForums
  • Phandroid leaks the complete Samsung Fascinate Users Guide: Phandroid
[video=youtube;OERn1ocBsC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OERn1ocBsC4"]YouTube - Unboxing: Samsung Facsinate on Verizon[/video]

Kellex from Droid-Life was one of the first to get their hands on the Fascinate and does a great unboxing video and quick overview. Check out the video above showing the retail packaging, black box, all the goodies inside, and a demo of Samsung's touchWiz user interface on that amazing super amoled screen. - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

fascinate-news1.jpg

AndroidCentral.com reports the Verizon Fascinate will launch for $199 on contract. $199 seems to be the going price for a high end phone like this, however we were hit by surprise that Verizon might offer a buy one get one free deal as well. Break that down and $99 for this device is a steal. - Android Central

fascinate-news2.png

AndroidCentral.com reports Samsung Fascinate accessories are now live in the Verizon system. Here's a sneak peek at some of the add-ons we might expect to see on release day. - Android Central
  • Battery - Extended Length 2200MAH
  • Battery - Slim 1500 MAH
  • Cigarette lighter Adapter
  • Holster/Shell Combo w/Belt Clip
  • Leather Pouch
  • Screen Protector
  • Silcone Cover - High Gloss Black / Red / Black
  • Snap on Hard Cover (Black w/ Kick Stand, Body Glove Rubber w/Belt Clip, Clear)
  • Travel Charger
Last but not least, don't forget to check out the Fascinate section on Droidforums.net here: Samsung Fascinate Discussions - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum for all the latest chat or our dedicated sister site at Samsung Fascinate Forum!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well there is nothing like a good unboxing to wake up to on a Saturday morning, Thanks Kellex and danDroid, my first impressions are, what a perfect screen size, unfortunately I don't see myself jumping ship from Moto anytime soon, and I hope with 2.2 they will update that ugly boot anime, and why would it ship with 2.1 anyways...wait for a new device and then wait for sufficient software to run it, doesn't make sense to me

Mojo

Reaction score
thing that sucks about this phone.. is Google Maps with navigation and Google search will not be availble for download in the android market

luv2increase

Reaction score
thing that sucks about this phone.. is Google Maps with navigation and Google search will not be availble for download in the android market

Where did you hear this at? I thought Google Maps and Search work on every Android OS? Also, if what you say is true, it will be rooted soon enough so it won't even matter.

I think this phone looks like the best phone ever to come to Verizon. The flush front-end of the phone is amazing. Also, no one can disagree that the Super-AMOLED screen will put my 4.3" LCD on my Droid X to shame.

The "only" reasons I will not be purchasing this phone are:
1. I want to see what the HTC phone looks like which is supposedly coming to Verizon soon --> the 4.3" phone
2. It comes with 2.1
3. I have to have my phones rooted. Who knows how long it will take to do so.
4. I just can't fathom that going from a 2.2 rooted Droid X with 928 theme on it to this phone is feasible at this point in time until issues 1-3 are addressed.
:icon_ banana:

Mojo

Reaction score

Where did you hear this at? I thought Google Maps and Search work on every Android OS? Also, if what you say is true, it will be rooted soon enough so it won't even matter.

I think this phone looks like the best phone ever to come to Verizon. The flush front-end of the phone is amazing. Also, no one can disagree that the Super-AMOLED screen will put my 4.3" LCD on my Droid X to shame.

The "only" reasons I will not be purchasing this phone are:
1. I want to see what the HTC phone looks like which is supposedly coming to Verizon soon --> the 4.3" phone
2. It comes with 2.1
3. I have to have my phones rooted. Who knows how long it will take to do so.
4. I just can't fathom that going from a 2.2 rooted Droid X with 928 theme on it to this phone is feasible at this point in time until issues 1-3 are addressed.
:icon_ banana:

Not a matter of hear say... they had it in the training we had to take ;)

Wintrmte

Reaction score
I love that LWP -- where can we get that (other than from buying the phone)?

wmnomore

Reaction score
^I was under the impression that all galaxy phones were rooted now. maybe not the fascinate yet, although i bet the process will be the same.
-I have used the galaxy S theme on many roms and love it. you just have to get the phone in your hands and see what u think. i really like the added widgets too.
-I believe samsung already said it will get 2.2. hopefully not too long from now.
-BUT, i am with you on #1-that HTC phone is pure sex.

wmnomore

Reaction score
so galaxy LWP's are a little choppy on the droid. they were also on the nexus in the video. the galaxy is just optimized for these i guess. they are definately cool though.
Does anyone know if this phone will have the video/hdmi? out on the 3.5 headphone jack like the european version?

accellpo

Reaction score
The live wallpapers work fine on the DX. Not tempted by the Fascinate at all.

travelingfool

Reaction score
Total android been question here. I downloaded the lwp zip to my sd card on my droid 2. Do I need to be rooted to install these? If I long press, it asks me where to extract the 3 folders to. Where should I put them?

Thanks.

travelingfool

Reaction score
Wow. There's no edit button on my post, lol, so sorry for the double post, but "been" above was supposed to be "newb." (The autocorrect bit me)

wmnomore

Reaction score
it is an update.zip file that you flash in recovery. you "should" be able to do this if you're rooted.