Samsung Fasc. Contacts Help Please.....

tarka321

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to the boards as well as new to the Android phone so please excuse my ignorance here but I am have a hard time figuring out my contacts. Several problems seem to be occuring so I will mention them all in case they are related. 1st of all when I got my Samsung Fascinate the guy at Verizon transfered all my contacts from the back up wizard from my BB. Turns out I now have duplicates of almost everyone in my contacts folder. One is a "phone contact" and the other is a "google contact". I couldnt figure out why I would need both (a little help here would be great also) so I went through and delet the "Phone Contacts" of everyone and kept just the "google contacts". Now when I go to personalize a ringtone for a contact the otion is no longer there. I have to add them back as a "phone Contact" to have that option. So then I tried opening the music file that I want to make a ringtone for someone and hit menu, set as, caller ringtone and it brings up my contacts. HOWEVER, it only brings up a select few for reasons I cannot figure out. For instance it only shows 1 of my 17 "H" contacts. All of them are "Google contacts" (not "phone contacts"). I have tried everything to figure out the reason for this but I am sumped. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Lee

DaveShapiro72

Reaction score
You download an app called ringo lite a free app from the market which will let you assign any contact a ringtone for calls and texts. Or you have to add contacts manually back in from the phone to have option of choosing ringtone.