Samsung Edge question

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I currently have a Note 4 which I love. The new models are about to be released and the edge models look interesting but I have a question. I often accidentally hit apps when grabbing the Note 4 do to its very small bezel. Is this even a more irritating problem with an Edge model? I can't figure out how to hold one without hitting something unintended!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You might look into installing a third party launcher. This way you can arrange your homescreens in a manner that would keep your apps away from the edge/bezel.

An Edge model may not be the device for you if this is a problem for you. (Although I believe you can turn the edge features off on these models)

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I've arranged things so the ones that pop up most are things that I might actually be interested in (like weather). The biggest pain is the Samsung lock screen which has flicker on it and I often hit it trying to use my phone and instead of what I want the flicker app opens and is in the way and a total pain as I never use flicker and then have to click things to get rid of it and actually get to what I wanted.

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I wish there was a way. It came that way on my Samsung Verizon Note 4. Tried everything I know how to do. Funny thing is that flickr is not even installed! It goes to its webpage and asks me to install it.

Ok status change. I had never tried to change the wallpaper on the lock screen (did on home screen). Changed it and the new one does not have the flickr link! Never occurred to me that it was tied to the background.

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Glad you figured it out! Those third party wallpaper apps are usually full of sneaky ads like this.
Thanks for the update!