Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Forum!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
CYhwywK.jpg

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Edge forum here at DroidForums.net!

I'm sure most of you have heard or read about the Note Edge but just in case here's a hands on by engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/03/samsung-galaxy-note-edge-hands-on/

AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint have all confirmed that they'll carry the Note Edge when it launches, so who's interested?! :cool:

Last edited:

habitropes

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for posting it here. I am curious about this Samsung Note Edge knowing that it was on a more PC like that I can use for multitasking. I am a Samsung user and I do believe this has also an edge over other models:)

wardo

Reaction score
Is the screen any more durable than the note 4?
And is either of their screens different than the note 2?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's "different" in pixel density and gorilla glass 3. I believe the Note2 had GG2 if I'm not mistaken.

tap'n on my S5

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
A Samsung spokes person said they made the Edge out of stronger glass to take abuse better, but didn't mention what kind it was.

Reactions: cr6

wardo

Reaction score
I should have been more specific, I meant the durability of the glass.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm not sure about the screen durability because I have always used a screen protector. If the durability of the Note 3 is any reference as to how the Note 4 screen will be as far as being sat on everyday without affecting it then we should be in great shape.

The Note 4 screen will blow the Note 2 screen away. It was given the best screen ever on a mobile display for color reproduction accuracy and clarity. It will also consume less energy at the same time. Even with the QHD resolution it consumes less energy than my Note 3.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Based on their extensive Lab tests and measurements, “the Galaxy Note 4 is the Best performing Smartphone display that we have ever tested. It matches or breaks new records in Smartphone display performance for: Highest Absolute Color Accuracy, Highest Screen Resolution, Infinite Contrast Ratio, Highest Peak Brightness, Highest Contrast Rating in Ambient Light, and the smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle. Its Color Management capability provides multiple Color Gamuts – a major advantage that is not currently provided by any of the other leading Smartphones.” Not my words, but DisplayMate’s.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It ended the Galaxy S5's reign of best mobile screen ever. The wife's S5 screen is pretty sweet.

leabradley

Reaction score
Really an amazing Smartphone with a lots of great features. I am currently using this smartphone and doesn’t find any issue till date. But I found number of comments regarding the issues occurring in galaxy note edge. Thanks to Samsung for providing best and affordable Smartphone’s. I want to recommend some best covers that I am using for my smartphone. You may checkout these at Thematys ebay store.