Samsung Commerical Part 4 Shows iPhone fans getting, "Samsunged"

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;vOSgfvTC35A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vOSgfvTC35A[/video]​

The latest Samsung commercial to poke fun at iPhone users is out as of last week. They continued with their series that subtly (or not so subtly sometimes) teases folks waiting in line for an iPhone. In this one, they invented a new term, in which iPhone users get "Samsunged", because their beloved device cannot do turn by turn directions for free like the SGS2. Enjoy the laughs!

Source: Android.net

Last edited:

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Ha. I like that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
credit to "someone else" i heard this from - great metaphorical image of the guy "behind bars" --> walled garden

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
haha, awesome, just got "samsunged" lol and the behind bars is pretty awesome too lol

Reaction score
I sometimes feel like I'm getting Samsunged but in a different way. Sometimes my Galaxy S decides not to turn back on so I have to do a battery pull, the GPS doesn't feel working either so I have to use location by network. The fact that the first thing I did with the phone was install CM7 because I don't like a bogged down and bloated OS...yep, Samsunged again.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
we just got samsunged, that's great :D

that looks like last years model. wonder what's coming next

It is last year's model. Those are the SGS2 commercials. It's interesting how far behind the general public is on phone news compared to our members/readers who are several months ahead on new phone knowledge. We were just discussing that in the office the other day...

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Um, I thought voice navigation was standard in the Google navigation app...? Or have I just been unusually lucky with my first two Android (Motorola) phones?

-Matt

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Um, I thought voice navigation was standard in the Google navigation app...? Or have I just been unusually lucky with my first two Android (Motorola) phones?

-Matt

It is standard in the google maps app. Just not standard on the iPhone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It is standard in the google maps app. Just not standard on the iPhone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
No, I mean the commercial implies that voice-prompts are a Samsung feature -- rather than a GOOGLE feature. Or that the Samsung has something unique to it.

-Matt