Hilarious Part 2 of SGS2 Commercial Poking Fun at iSheep

jcardona1

Reaction score
I thought they did brag about the HSPA+ speeds at the unveiling. Didn't they have a bunch of slides dedicated to how much faster it downloaded stuff over android phones?

Yeah they did, but they also said "theoretical" download speeds. Any tech-savvy person knew right off the bat that this wouldn't improve speeds at all, hence it was never pushed as a selling point after the unveiling, IMO.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yeah they did, but they also said "theoretical" download speeds. Any tech-savvy person knew right off the bat that this wouldn't improve speeds at all, hence it was never pushed as a selling point after the unveiling, IMO.

This is pretty interesting...

If you go to AT&T website (PDAs & Smartphones - from AT&T) they have 4G for the 4S.

Does this mean Samsung doesn't consider HSPA+ to be a 4G tech? Or is Samsung only referring to the Verizon and Sprint versions?

Interesting.

jerkwad

Reaction score
This is pretty interesting...

If you go to AT&T website (PDAs & Smartphones - from AT&T) they have 4G for the 4S.

Does this mean Samsung doesn't consider HSPA+ to be a 4G tech? Or is Samsung only referring to the Verizon and Sprint versions?

Interesting.

that has got to be as close as one can get to false advertising!! all those poor poor suckers buying the 4S w/o 4G THINKING they are getting true 4G (LTE) speeds they see on all the other (verizon) commercials...wow. It's no wonder why there is such a high rate of confusion among so many of the iSheeple community.

Per the phone specifications on ATT's site:

Wireless Technology
GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G - UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
BLUETOOTH® technology 4.0
Wi-Fi Connectivity 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
4G* HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul

what a pathetic attempt to capitalize on the 4G buzz word going around at the moment! just solidifies my desire to continue NOT owning anything apple and continue to give my money to Verizon over ATT (even though Verizon isn't perfect, either).

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
that has got to be as close as one can get to false advertising!! all those poor poor suckers buying the 4S w/o 4G THINKING they are getting true 4G (LTE) speeds they see on all the other (verizon) commercials...wow. It's no wonder why there is such a high rate of confusion among so many of the iSheeple community.

Per the phone specifications on ATT's site:

Wireless Technology
GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G - UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
BLUETOOTH® technology 4.0
Wi-Fi Connectivity 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
4G* HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul

what a pathetic attempt to capitalize on the 4G buzz word going around at the moment! just solidifies my desire to continue NOT owning anything apple and continue to give my money to Verizon over ATT (even though Verizon isn't perfect, either).

Well T-Mobile did capitalize on HSPA+ being 4G and then it became 4G.

Though, back in the day when HSPA+ wasn't 4G the LTE vzw was using wasn't 4G either. LTE-Advance was, but not this revision of LTE.

4G is such a confusing term at times =/

alboboy10

Reaction score

My friends 4s has the same download speeds as the four. Same phone, siri added plus notification center.

Biting off Android

jerkwad

Reaction score
Well T-Mobile did capitalize on HSPA+ being 4G and then it became 4G.

Though, back in the day when HSPA+ wasn't 4G the LTE vzw was using wasn't 4G either. LTE-Advance was, but not this revision of LTE.

4G is such a confusing term at times =/

good info. reading up on 4G (wikipedia) explains exactly what you said. LTE (not lte-advanced) was, by definition, not true Fourth Generation technology either. well cool, i learned something today!

Donsell

Reaction score
Doesn't this line sum up iSheep perfectly?

"I could never get a Samsung, I'm creative!"

"Dude, you're a barista"