Samsung's Funny New Teaser Ad for Their 'Big Game' Ad; With Seth Rogen & Paul Rudd

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;pzfAdmAtYIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pzfAdmAtYIY[/video]​

Samsung is truly pulling out all the stops when it comes to promoting their products while indirectly poking fun at Apple. Their newest commercial features the actors Bob Odenkirk, Seth Rogen & Paul Rudd. The concept of the commercial is that Seth & Paul have been hired to create a pre-teaser ad for the upcoming Samsung ad that will be featured at the Super Bowl. But, of course, things wouldn't be funny if it weren't more complicated than that, and hilarity ensues....

Interestingly, while the comedy in this add doesn't directly or even indirectly reference Apple in any way, and in fact is really focused more on "the Big Game," the subtle irony is not lost within the Android community.

Incidentally, as a side-note, this ad was apparently directed by Jon Favreau, which is the same guy who directed the first two Iron Man films.

Source: SamsungMobileUSA

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually the NFL went lawsuit crazy a few years ago over the SuperBowl trademark. I think they even may have gone after "The Big Game" alternatives.

tornado

Reaction score
[video=youtube;pzfAdmAtYIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pzfAdmAtYIY[/video]​

Samsung is truly pulling out all the stops when it comes to promoting their products while indirectly poking fun at Apple. Their newest commercial features the actors Bob Odenkirk, Seth Rogen & Paul Rudd. The concept of the commercial is that Seth & Paul have been hired to create a pre-teaser ad for the upcoming Samsung ad that will be featured at the Super Bowl. But, of course, things wouldn't be funny if it weren't more complicated than that, and hilarity ensues....

Interestingly, while the comedy in this add doesn't directly or even indirectly reference Apple in any way, and in fact is really focused more on "the Big Game," the subtle irony is not lost within the Android community.

Incidentally, as a side-note, this ad was apparently directed by Jon Favreau, which is the same guy who directed the first two Iron Man films.

Great commercial! I love those three guys. It a great parody of a typical corporate meeting. And the "corporate boss" sounds just like my old boss where I used to work. He loved to talk and thought he knew everything, but usually didn't make any sense. I guess that was why he was the boss.
Well, since my beloved Green Bay Packers aren't in the game, I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the commercials.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Samsung just proving what I've always said: Apple didn't make it to where they are now because they build better products or are more innovative. It's because they made the best commercials. They spent $$$$$$$$ on commercials. NO ONE else did and they couldn't understand how to bear Apple. Well, Sammy has figured it out. Paying attention ASUS? HTC? LG?