Samsung A20 stuck on "installing system update"

arblitz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung A20
I've had my Samsung A20 for a while. It's been through a bit but it hasn't had any major issues. However, in the past 2 days it began to lag bad with no noticable cause. I had plenty of system memory, storage space, and barely any apps opened. It mostly related to using the keyboard or loading apps/pages, which caused the device to freeze multiple times resulting in a forced restart. About 2 hours ago I decided to do a system update to see if it would work (I'm very guilty for putting off updates). But now it's currently stuck installing the system update. It reaches anywhere between 28 to 39 percent before the phone restarts and does it again. It's been doing this for the past 2 hours. I can't even put my phone in recovery mode!

OP
A

arblitz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung A20
Update: Whenever I try to do a force restart it gives some sort of Invalid Kernal message that's cut off. I can't even get it into download mode it's just completely stuck on system update.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm sorry you have issues ..

Restart phone using volume down and power button then after the screen turns off before it turns back let go volume down and hold volume up along with still holding the power button ... hopefully you can format data or wipe from the options ..If not working you might need to use Odin to push the update