Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Do you possibly have them backed up to the verizon cloud? Have you tried logging in to that?

Also let's try logging into your Gmail from a computer and see if that is where your contacts are.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Do you possibly have them backed up to the verizon cloud? Have you tried logging in to that?

Also let's try logging into your Gmail from a computer and see if that is where your contacts are.

I tried using the Verizon cloud and always received an error. Never took care of it. I will try home computer when I get home.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score

Ok. I logged into Google using my phone and I'm able to see my contacts through my phone. But it shows I only have 8 contacts. But if you open my contacts folder, I have 122. So I'm missing quite a few on Google. How can I save the contacts from my phones contact folder to this Google account thing?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Can you clarify which shows 8 and which shows 122? Phone or PC.

I am sure your contacts are stored somewhere we just have to either find them or get them to sync from where ever they are being held

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Can you clarify which shows 8 and which shows 122? Phone or PC.

I am sure your contacts are stored somewhere we just have to either find them or get them to sync from where ever they are being held

The 8 contacts show on Google contacts. But like on my phones Internet phone.

The 122 contacts are on my phones contact folder. Am I making sense?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Open up your dialer, go into your contact settings, click on contacts to display and then click on phone or all contacts. Back out of the settings and see if your contacts are there. If not reboot your device and see if they have synced.
After you've gotten them to sync, go back into your contact settings and click on import/export, click on export to sd card. You should also make sure they are all connected/synced to your main Google acct.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Open up your dialer, go into your contact settings, click on contacts to display and then click on phone or all contacts. Back out of the settings and see if your contacts are there. If not reboot your device and see if they have synced.
After you've gotten them to sync, go back into your contact settings and click on import/export, click on export to sd card. You should also make sure they are all connected/synced to your main Google acct.

Tried this and same thing. 122 contacts on the phones contact folder. But only 8 contacts show on Google contacts. This is weird. I use to have nearly 300 contacts and all I have left is the 123

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Frustrating for sure! Unfortunately if you haven't previously synced them to your SIM or sd card then you've probably lost them.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Frustrating for sure! Unfortunately if you haven't previously synced them to your SIM or sd card then you've probably lost them.

How can I check on the SIM card? This SIM card is the same one I've used on 3 different phones. Motorola, Note 2 and this Note 4. Transferred the SIM card and always had my contacts there. Hmm

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Same way you checked the phone & Gmail acct. Go into contact settings, contacts to display and change it to SIM.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Same way you checked the phone & Gmail acct. Go into contact settings, contacts to display and change it to SIM.
Yeah, my contacts are gone. I did this display change to the SIM card and it's empty. Ugh. Right now it's set at "ALL CONTACTS". That's why I have 122 contacts. But if I change that to Google I only get those 8 contacts in my folder. Yeah, it's weird

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I don't understand why they were being backed up somewhere... Unless you specifically turn off contact sync they will always sync to your Google account... What is even more odd is if it shows you have 122 contacts why aren't the names showing up? How did we lose just part of the information.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
I don't understand why they were being backed up somewhere... Unless you specifically turn off contact sync they will always sync to your Google account... What is even more odd is if it shows you have 122 contacts why aren't the names showing up? How did we lose just part of the information.

No. These 122 contacts that are in my phone and not on the Google do have names and info. When I did that clear data thing it deleted my phones contacts. When I turned on sync, I only got these 122 contacts back. That's was all that returned.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Like for example right now. These 122 contacts that are on my phone don't appear on my Google. How do I manually back up these 122 contacts into Google so I won't lose these 122 contacts