Samsung 2.2 ?

shdowman

Reaction score
Submitting here as well...the misinformation is just silly...

Ok guys...this is a maintenence update. NOT Froyo. Supposedly fixes the gps and some other minors fixes as well as one of my complaints, tying the softkey timeout with the screen. Otherwise, its nothing major. Some of us have have this (or dj05) for over a month and it wont dramatically change your phone.

Sit back and chill. There wont be a surprise 2.2 update tied to this. Verizon rolls these things out in stages. If you are following links that tell you it will wipe your phone, you are going to the wrong place. Wait for the update to hit your phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

wolfman4u

Reaction score
System Updates

I thought i would try the System updates again. When i hit <Check New> the phone went dead after about 3 seconds. I had to pull the battery to get it back up. Went back to the system updates again, and now when i hit <Check New> it just comes back to the same menu almost immediatly instead of displaying the sad "No Software updates available? screen. This is weird. Something happened, not sure what it was.

bluevolume

Reaction score
thx....sucks we need a computer to download the update. Erases the phone completely? Awesome...

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk

This is only if you want to use the XDA tools to install it -- this is NOT NOT NOT the method Verizon will use. Verizon's update will not erase your phone.

bball1794

Reaction score
If we are rooted, will the OTA download or will we have to do it manually?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App