Safestrap 2.01

anor013

Reaction score
Hey there,

I saw that Hash posted an update for the Droid 3 safestrap, so I did the usual and disabled safe mode, uninstalled recovery and then uninstalled the safestrap apk and then installed the 2.01 update. However, I wasn't getting the splash screen so after a few attempts I gave in and decided to head back to the 1.08v of safestrap. Followed the usual procedure, but now I'm still not getting the splash screen and only booting into CWR, not the stock rom. Any ideas?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Were you plugged into a charger? If so, 2.01 will bypass safe mode and boot into the nonsafe system.

In the future, no need to toggle safe mode. Just uninstall previous version, install new version, open app and install recovery. Done!

Now on CWR that it is booting to, does it show safestrap? version at the bottom? Any chance you still have a bootstrap installed on the non safe? If so make sure they are removed.

OP
A

anor013

Reaction score
I just SBFd since I've been having strange boot issues for a few weeks now. It seems to be working fine now, v2.01 is acting like I thought it should.

At first it was supposed to be using v2.01 when it wouldn't show the spash, so I uninstalled and reinstalled v1.08. After that was when it wouldn't boot to the stock rom again. Can I uninstall the safestrap apk from the non-safe mode after installing recovery then? I had been under the assumption it should stay installed on the non-safe and to return there to uninstall/reinstall. Guess it makes sense that it doesn't matter safe vs non-safe.