Sad Day (Fail Blog)

lle295

Reaction score
Sooo yesterday i sat down with my Droid on my oh so wonderful toilet with my Droid in my sweater pocket. Right when i sat down I lean over to pick up the toilet roll which was on the ground for some odd reason. Right when i did that i hear a splat and guess what.. my Droid fell into the toilet. I picked it up glad that i didn't use the toilet yet and started wiping it down with a bunch of toilet paper. I tried turning it on and a black screen appeared saying something like "connect usb" or something of that sort after a while it blacked out so I opened up the battery and dried everything again since water was still leaking out of it. I rushed to my computer and google searched "my droid dropped in water what to do." I read a bunch of blogs to put it in a bag of uncooked rice. So I did that yesterday checked back just now and there's rice where rice shouldn't be and the screen still wont turn on, nothing will turn on. So that's my life story I wonder if Verizon insurance cover's water damage. :D FML I fail

heem

Reaction score
dry it up good and play dumb. "I dunno, it just stopped working"

OP
L

lle295

Reaction score
I was thinking that but the infamous red sticker tells a different story haha

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Cover it for 2 days in saw-splints, you know, the little things that go of the wood if you saw it (dont know the english word atm).

It helps drying the phone!

AND:

you are not alone, me ex-gf lost 3 cell's in the toilet

Sh** happens :D

OP
L

lle295

Reaction score
can i peel off the water mark sticker from my old BB and cut it into a circle and put it onto the droids? can someoen check for me if the upper left part of their BATTERY also is a red box? Is there 2 water indicators for the droid? :eek:

heem

Reaction score
hmm. didnt know anything about water indicators :O And rintin "Sawdust" is the word you're looking for, well done getting your point across without knowing the word though ;)

netboy47

Reaction score
From Verizon's own site:

Asurion Wireless Phone Protection* Asurion, a third-party licensed insurance agency, provides insurance coverage for your wireless device and certain standard accessories. If your device is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged (including liquid and physical damage), you may file your claim with the insurance agency within 60 days of the incident and the device will be replaced upon claim approval. To make an insurance claim online or to obtain Asurion’s Wireless Phone Protection Brochure (all terms and conditions), please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881-2622. Asurion Wireless Phone protection is part of the Total Equipment Coverage bundle or sold separately.

• Phones**
    • $4.49 per month per covered phone.
    • $39 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
    • Equipment maximum limit: $250 per completed claim.
  • Advanced Devices**
    • $6.00 per month per covered device.
    • $89 non-refundable deductible per approved claim.
    • Equipment maximum limit: $1500 per completed claim.
  • For a list of equipment in the Phones and Advanced Devices programs, please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881-2622.
  • Claim Limits: 2 Claims in a 12-month period (In New York, 2 claim limit is per policy year).
  • Asurion may fulfill claims with new or remanufactured equipment. In general, claims are fulfilled with the same make and model you claim. If this is not possible, a like-kind make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
  • Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your coverage at any time and receive a pro-rated refund of your unused premium.
Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage

So as long as you have the insurance, it should be no more than $89 to replace.

OP
L

lle295

Reaction score
hmm. didnt know anything about water indicators :O And rintin "Sawdust" is the word you're looking for, well done getting your point across without knowing the word though ;)

Yeah, if you open your battery cover there's a small little circle that's SUPPOSED to be white and if it gets wet it turns red, thus the water damage indicator thingy :p

Gig103

Reaction score
For future information (hopefully it never happens again), don't power it on, immediately pull the battery and let it sit for a few days. Water on unpowered electronics isn't good, but water on powered electronics is very bad.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that.. Let us know how things turn out for ya..

OP
L

lle295

Reaction score
That's good to know, thanks Netboy but I think I'm going to try Heem's suggestion first. I'm going to go back to Best Buys and tell them that I replaced my battery earlier with them because my battery wouldn't hold a charge now my phone just wont turn on (keeping a distressed look on my face) :D

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, let this be a lesson.

I have seen many phones dropped in water.

Immediately take the battery out. Let it sit for at least 2 days. Then put it back in and connect it to charge.It will work almost every time.

its not usually the water that kills the phone, but the arcing from the water plus electricity.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if after dropping it in water, you dropped it in distilled water. Then let it dry.

Distilled water is not a conductor...