Razr M in cool down mode question mark thingy on the battery icon!!???

datatat

Reaction score
So after my phone fell in the toilet I quickly powered down my phone and put it in a bag of rice for about 9 hours. When I turned it on it immediately gave my this question mark on a battery. Then my phone entered cool down mode. Really my phone isnt that hot so why is in cool down mode? Is my phone broken and gone forever?!! Any solutions?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
sorry but its more than likely toast. even with the best efforts to dry them, very few escape permanent damage.
i wouldn't be surprised if you opened it now and there was some wetness still inside.
(fyi) the best thing to have done right away is, power off, open case, dry thoroughly, put in rice (phone open) for several days.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Don't give up hope just yet!

Remove the battery, and place phone on a cookie sheet, and set your oven to WARM ONLY (under 170 degrees), then turn OFF the oven and wait a couple of minutes.
Place the phone/cookie sheet INTO the oven, and let it stay in the oven for an hour, to make certain the interior of the phone is being warmed to the same temperature as the case.
After an hour, you should have a toasty WARM phone, and it should be 100% DRY inside as well.

NO WORRIES....your phone CAN handle temperatures UNDER the boiling point of water, and NO damage will be possible, as yo are NOT going to bake it, only warm it up and remove the moisture from within!

I GUARANTEE you can NOT damage your phone.
I have been doing this for more than 20 years now, and recently, I had a customer bring in a commercial radio into my shop that was mounted to a small boat that sank. The radio sat in water for days, before he noticed his boat was floating only because of the flotation devices in the seat ribs and gunwalls.
The radio was opened, covers removed, and the oven turned on to 170 degrees, or the LOWEST setting you have. I let the oven shut off, then placed the radio on a cookie sheet and let it sit in the oven for an hour.

When I removed the radio, it was fully dried, no corrosion had begun, and a re-test of the receiver and transmitter sections proved it to still be within tolerance.

You CAN truly bring the dead back to life using this 'trick'...

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Even if you can't remove the battery, the process will still be viable, and will not damage the battery if it is heated to less than that of boiling water.
Your phone, and battery will be okay.

OP
D

datatat

Reaction score
Don't give up hope just yet!

Remove the battery, and place phone on a cookie sheet, and set your oven to WARM ONLY (under 170 degrees), then turn OFF the oven and wait a couple of minutes.
Place the phone/cookie sheet INTO the oven, and let it stay in the oven for an hour, to make certain the interior of the phone is being warmed to the same temperature as the case.
After an hour, you should have a toasty WARM phone, and it should be 100% DRY inside as well.

NO WORRIES....your phone CAN handle temperatures UNDER the boiling point of water, and NO damage will be possible, as yo are NOT going to bake it, only warm it up and remove the moisture from within!

I GUARANTEE you can NOT damage your phone.
I have been doing this for more than 20 years now, and recently, I had a customer bring in a commercial radio into my shop that was mounted to a small boat that sank. The radio sat in water for days, before he noticed his boat was floating only because of the flotation devices in the seat ribs and gunwalls.
The radio was opened, covers removed, and the oven turned on to 170 degrees, or the LOWEST setting you have. I let the oven shut off, then placed the radio on a cookie sheet and let it sit in the oven for an hour.

When I removed the radio, it was fully dried, no corrosion had begun, and a re-test of the receiver and transmitter sections proved it to still be within tolerance.

You CAN truly bring the dead back to life using this 'trick'...
I probably could have used the answer last week when I posted. Too late. I just took it to the shop and they installed a new battery last weekend.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I probably could have used the answer last week when I posted. Too late. I just took it to the shop and they installed a new battery last weekend.

If I can ask?
How much was the battery swap?

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2