S3 with 32gb just a 16gb with 16gb card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdhutch

Reaction score
Buddy just got back from a tmobile store and is showing me his 16gb S3. The guy at the tmobile store told him that all a 32gb s3 is, is a 16gb with a 16gb card included to make it a total of 32gb.

Can anyone with a 32gb s3 confirm or stump this? I'll be pissed if I paid 50 bucks for a 16gb micro sd card :mad:

JRParsons

Reaction score
He bought a 16gb version. The 32gb s3 has the potential to have 96gb with a 64gb card. If you add in the drop box account, you actually have 146gb. (I know vw is not giving the drop box account, but I believe tmobile is.)
Some of the confusion may be that tmobile is charging more for both versions, so he may have paid for what he thought was a 32gb version, because the price was higher than he's seen elsewhere.
Engadet just reviewed the tmobile version, and laid out the memory options nicely.

OP
J

justdhutch

Reaction score
JRParsons said:
He bought a 16gb version. The 32gb s3 has the potential to have 96gb with a 64gb card. If you add in the drop box account, you actually have 146gb. (I know vw is not giving the drop box account, but I believe tmobile is.)
Some of the confusion may be that tmobile is charging more for both versions, so he may have paid for what he thought was a 32gb version, because the price was higher than he's seen elsewhere.
Engadet just reviewed the tmobile version, and laid out the memory options nicely.

No hes not confused.

Like I said can someone that actually OWNS A 32GB please confirm it has 32gb with no sd card.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
No hes not confused.

Like I said can someone that actually OWNS A 32GB please confirm it has 32gb with no sd card.

I don't own one but the previous poster is right. There's is a 32 GB and a 16 GB . The T-mobile rep was wrong. If it was a 32 GB, then it would not have come with an external SD card. Your friend bought a 16 GB S3 along with a 16 GB SD card. T-mobile is also charging a lot more than any other carrier for those phones.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

JRParsons

Reaction score
justdhutch said:
No hes not confused.

I'm glad he's not confused, and don't yell at me. I know how to read a news article. You asked a question and I answered it correctly because I wanted to help.

OP
J

justdhutch

Reaction score
JRParsons said:
I'm glad he's not confused, and don't yell at me. I know how to read a news article. You asked a question and I answered it correctly because I wanted to help.

I asked an article and pointed out the fact that I was asking people who ACTUALLY OWN A SGS3 32GB phone. I wasn't yelling. If I was there would have probably been a bunch of !!!!!...Now since nobody with a 32gb has replied, we shall move on. Anyone with a 32gb care to chime in? I'm hoping for at least 3 people so I know it's not a troll.

Beka27

Reaction score
Since this board is designed primarily for Verizon phones, I haven't seen anyone here who has their phone already. You may want to take your question (minus the snarky attitude) to the S3forums website. That site has members internationally who currently have their phones in hand.

And just a general recommendation, being rude to people who are trying to help you on a public forum won't get you anywhere fast. :happy3:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
And fyi, this website wasn't established just to troll people. It was meant to help, and you have received that help. But, if you refuse to listen, that's your prerogative, not mine or ours.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I have verizon so my 32 gig SGS3 will be in next week. But my brother has one though sprint I called him today like I do every Sunday and he told me that his has 32 gigs of internal storage and I think he said he bought a 64 gig SD card. I know i am not the one that has the phone so take it for what it is worth believe me or not I does not matter to me.

OP
J

justdhutch

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
I have verizon so my 32 gig SGS3 will be in next week. But my brother has one though sprint I called him today like I do every Sunday and he told me that his has 32 gigs of internal storage and I think he said he bought a 64 gig SD card. I know i am not the one that has the phone so take it for what it is worth believe me or not I does not matter to me.

Thank you. That is something to go by rather then speculation. I didn't think it was a 16gb with a 16gb sd card, but wanted to make sure.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Everything I have read has stated that the Verizon S3 will not come with an SD card. No matter which version you have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rushmore

Reaction score
I would be more concerned with your friend and the Tmo person being misleading and dead wrong.

OP
J

justdhutch

Reaction score
rushmore said:
I would be more concerned with your friend and the Tmo person being misleading and dead wrong.

Why? It's not like I have t-mobile lol

OP
J

justdhutch

Reaction score
And since when isn't a rep wrong? Look how many people have called verizon in the last month and had 50 different answers on ship dates. And then 50 different answers on the grandfather issue before that was confirmed. These reps have no knowledge of anything. They hear the same rumors we do...which is why I asked for people who actually owned a 32gb.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is taken directly from the S3 info page on Version's website:

Memory / Processor Dual core 1.5GHz processor & 2GB of RAM 32GB internal memory (actual formatted capacity is less) Supports up to 64GB microSD card (sold separately)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...&action=viewPhoneDetail&&selectedPhoneId=5920

Phone arena also confirms that the Verizon S3 will have 32GB built in storage. http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Verizon_id7114

Now that I have answered your question and provided proof, I am closing this up as the bickering has gone on long enough.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.