32GB microSD card $50 from Verizon with free overnight shipping

sic0048

Reaction score
btw, i got a 32gb microsd for $25 on ebay :p its comin from china so itll take a couple weeks but its a brand name...transcend i believe.

I hope it works out for you. But history has shown that the majority of these large capacity cards from China (and elsewhere) are fakes. They take a small disk (2gb perhaps) and silkscreen it as 32gb and somehow format it so it appears as 32gb. But it won't work correctly because the card was never a 32gb card.

Big Ry

Reaction score
And here ya go! ;)

[video=youtube;iC5hvZqbk0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC5hvZqbk0Y&feature=channel]YouTube - Recording 720p on class 2 MicroSD card[/video]

Big Ry

Reaction score
btw, i got a 32gb microsd for $25 on ebay :p its comin from china so itll take a couple weeks but its a brand name...transcend i believe.

I hope it works out for you. But history has shown that the majority of these large capacity cards from China (and elsewhere) are fakes. They take a small disk (2gb perhaps) and silkscreen it as 32gb and somehow format it so it appears as 32gb. But it won't work correctly because the card was never a 32gb card.
Yeah, them Chinese are always counterfeiting stuff, but this guy has a great ebay rep, so I cant imagine he'd be ripping people off.

michael123

Reaction score
Best $50 I've spent in a while

6dbbe4c4.jpg

you lucky dog.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
so much garbage out there about SD cards...

guys, forget class. first of all, the slower transfer speed is fir uploading to the card...not reading the card. and second, with regard to any smart phone out there, it still is more than adequate. i have a 16GB class 2 in mg classic droid. its plays all my videos...including The Hangover bluray (720p) without the slightest problem. its when your backing up orloading on yohr computer thats a problem...took me like 3 hours to fully back it up last week!

Class also refers to the write speed of the card. I am a videographer, and I use Panasonic HMC prosumer series cameras. These cameras (just like Sony and Canon) require class 4 or higher SDHC cards to be able to record HD (both 720 and 1080) video. Class 2 does not work because the write speed of the card is not fast enough. Now, that is recording AVCHD, and I have no idea what codec and container the Droid X uses, but my conscious tells me before I go spend money on a class 2 32GB card I would want to know that the card is capable to record 720p/30. Just throwing this out there.
this is exactly what i was saying...write speed is slower not read. and it not being able to write to a class 2 is slim. but ill test it out when i get home. ill throw my class 2 in my sony cybershot 12MP camera that records 720p. ill keep you guys posted.

honestly its probably fake. i think its something like more than 50% of the flash memory cards that come out of china are fake. that being said, if its functional, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using them. there have been dozens of tests showing that the fake flash cards coming out of china have actually functioned at higher speeds than their legitimate counterparts. you scored an awesome deal, can you let me know what the ebay name was so i can check it out for myself? would be awesome if you could run some benchmarks on your microsd, wouldn't be surprised if its faster than the ones coming from vzw

Big Ry

Reaction score
Class also refers to the write speed of the card. I am a videographer, and I use Panasonic HMC prosumer series cameras. These cameras (just like Sony and Canon) require class 4 or higher SDHC cards to be able to record HD (both 720 and 1080) video. Class 2 does not work because the write speed of the card is not fast enough. Now, that is recording AVCHD, and I have no idea what codec and container the Droid X uses, but my conscious tells me before I go spend money on a class 2 32GB card I would want to know that the card is capable to record 720p/30. Just throwing this out there.
this is exactly what i was saying...write speed is slower not read. and it not being able to write to a class 2 is slim. but ill test it out when i get home. ill throw my class 2 in my sony cybershot 12MP camera that records 720p. ill keep you guys posted.

honestly its probably fake. i think its something like more than 50% of the flash memory cards that come out of china are fake. that being said, if its functional, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using them. there have been dozens of tests showing that the fake flash cards coming out of china have actually functioned at higher speeds than their legitimate counterparts. you scored an awesome deal, can you let me know what the ebay name was so i can check it out for myself? would be awesome if you could run some benchmarks on your microsd, wouldn't be surprised if its faster than the ones coming from vzw
yeah, doesnt matter to me, if it works, it works. when i had my blazer i bought some cheap knockoff halo/projector headlight housings on ebay...saved me a few hundred bucks. they worked perfectly fine for me for a few years. even when the chinese try to screw people over, their actually helping because their products are superior to ours lol

Big Ry

Reaction score

mrgoochio

Reaction score
ebay seller: only2*you

link to my listing:
32GB Micro SD SDHC Memory Card 32G MicroSD TF Card - eBay (item 260632375799 end time Jul-09-10 22:52:46 PDT)

hope this doesnt violate any forum TOS :-O mod, please remove if so.

i paid $27.04. Seller has 98.5% positive feedback. there are a few negatives about stuff not working, but there are far more positives. and i did it because of all the safeguards with ebay/paypal. u basically cant get ripped off on ebay anymore.

is this microsd card supposed to be branded? i haven't seen any names, seems like the seller sells other brands of microsd's as well. when you get it, can you please post a review on it? would be nice to see a confirmation that it can be filled completely and function as advertised

mrgoochio

Reaction score
hm my edit button isn't showing up so ill have to double post. turns out i misread the recommended products as the sellers other products. looks like he only has 1 item up for sale atm, same card but listed at $40 buy it now or best offer. looks like you got a stellar deal

mrgoochio

Reaction score
lol doh! i misread again, the item he is selling isn't even a microsd, i just assumed it was. hahah i guess you got an even better deal! :)

Big Ry

Reaction score
ebay seller: only2*you

link to my listing:
32GB Micro SD SDHC Memory Card 32G MicroSD TF Card - eBay (item 260632375799 end time Jul-09-10 22:52:46 PDT)

hope this doesnt violate any forum TOS :-O mod, please remove if so.

i paid $27.04. Seller has 98.5% positive feedback. there are a few negatives about stuff not working, but there are far more positives. and i did it because of all the safeguards with ebay/paypal. u basically cant get ripped off on ebay anymore.

is this microsd card supposed to be branded? i haven't seen any names, seems like the seller sells other brands of microsd's as well. when you get it, can you please post a review on it? would be nice to see a confirmation that it can be filled completely and function as advertised
hmm, coulda swore it said transcend somewhere..oh well.

and yes, stellar deal it was IMO dancedroid