32GB microSD card $50 from Verizon with free overnight shipping

markwebb

Reaction score
Ordered the 32 card from Verizon on Friday and received it yesterday, Monday.

Works well on the Droid and seems a bit faster than the original 16gb card. Maybe my original card was becoming "iffy."

Was anyone billed at that $49 price for the 32 Gb? Mine was $75 with company discount.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ordered the 32 card from Verizon on Friday and received it yesterday, Monday.

Works well on the Droid and seems a bit faster than the original 16gb card. Maybe my original card was becoming "iffy."

Was anyone billed at that $49 price for the 32 Gb? Mine was $75 with company discount.

I was billed at $49 and received my card yesterday. It works fine.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it a safe bet this card will be compatible with newer phones out later in the year (thinking Droid Pro)?

I don't see why not, but perhaps a Droid Pro would better harness a faster class SD card.

Just debating if I want to do this since $75-$100 is still a bit steep if I plan to upgrade my phone in 6 months and the card isn't compatible to swap out.

markwebb

Reaction score
So wait, this 32GB card works in the original Droid just fine? I assumed it wouldn't.

Yes, it does and is confirmed in Motorola Specifications taken from their website:

• MEMORY9
    16 GB microSD pre-installed
  • ACCELEROMETER
    Yes
  • NETWORKS4
    CDMA 1X 800/1900, EVDO rev A
  • PROCESSOR SPEED
    Arm® Cortex™ A8 processor 550 mHz
  • REMOVABLE MEMORY10
    supports up to 32 GB microSD
  • SENSORS
    Proximity, ambient light and eCompass

radsaq

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm copying over the data from my 16GB card in the Droid to the 32GB card plugged into my machine using the USB adapter and I am seeing sustained write speeds of slightly over 5MB/s.

markwebb

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm copying over the data from my 16GB card in the Droid to the 32GB card plugged into my machine using the USB adapter and I am seeing sustained write speeds of slightly over 5MB/s.

That's about what I saw as well.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL...."out of stock" on VZW's website.

Yeah, looking back I should have bought the maximum three that they allow when I had the chance at $49.99 a peice and finally made a profit off of Verizon

Big Ry

Reaction score
just got my 32GB card today...doesn't work lol. feel free to say "i told u so". formatting does nothing, wont write to it at all, in "properties" it reads 0GB, tried it in the droid as well with no luck. ugh!