s3 extended battery

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Just saw some videos on YouTube and are ppl really getting 12 to 15 hours out this phone? Is the stock battery really that good or should I just get the extended battery out the way now

hoodieNation

Reaction score
I'm easily getting getting 15+ hours on my phone. I'm at 67% right now with 13 hours on. Only 1.5 hours of screen on time though. Obviously it depends how much you're using your phone but I've not needed an extended battery whatsoever with this thing.

Edit: I'm also rooted and running CleanRom2.1 so that might be making a difference. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

danbee46

Reaction score
I bought a second battery and a battery charger. While one battery is in the phone the other one is charging. I simply switch them when one runs down.

wcjeep

Reaction score
With moderate use wife and I can get 12 hrs out of our GSIII's. Way longer life than the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Rsmith09

Reaction score
Don't need an extended battery the s3 is 2100 mah the most I got was like 18 hrs which is incredible

jwilly216

Reaction score
danbee46 said:
I bought a second battery and a battery charger. While one battery is in the phone the other one is charging. I simply switch them when one runs down.

This^

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Yea I'm not sure I use my phone very heavy. The screen is always on texting, fb etc. It would be nice to have a phone that keeps up with me. Also for 8 bucks on eBay I could get a 4500 mah extended battery. Seems like a pretty good deal and would not need two batteries.

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
26 hours that's great but I'm a very very heavy user so I no I would not ever get that

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score

MailboxHead

Reaction score
Ever since I turned the Power Save option on, I get great battery life. At this point, I only charge it once a day, in the mornings when I get ready. It's usually at 50% when I go to bed. I don't go online a ton, but will occasionally stream music and use the Kindle app on it frequently throughout the day.

For an average user the battery should be fine, though I'd love to get a "slim" extended battery for my Dad if they ever made one. He's on the road all day, talks a TON, and once in a while has felt a little battery crunch (yes, there are many ways around it with spare battery, battery charge packs, care charger, etc, but it would still just be nice to have the extended battery and not have to take the extra precautions. That said, really glad we have a phone that DOES let us swap out our batteries if we so desire :))