[Rumor] Unofficial Preview of the Sony 'Yuga' Details Specs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sony-yuga-pic.jpg

Over the last couple of months we have shared several rumors about a couple of Sony flagship devices. We have some codenames for these devices. There is one that is called project "Odin" and another that is a device called the "Yuga." Both devices could be one in the same, although we have heard conflicting reports about specs which would leave one to speculate that they are two devices. It's also possible that there is another unnamed device with insanely high-end specs that we don't have a name for yet.

Trying to piece these rumors together to offer up a coherent picture can be a daunting task, especially if it turns out there are multiple devices. Regardless of the naming and the possibility of multiple devices, today we supposedly have a detailed preview of the Sony "Yuga." This preview confirms several of the oldest rumored specs of this device. Here's the breakdown:
  • 5-inch 1080p display
  • Quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip
  • 2 gigs of RAM
  • A microSD card slot
  • LTE
  • 12MP camera
  • Preloaded with Android 4.1 and Sony’s custom UI
This phone is supposed to arrive in the first quarter of 2013. It will be interesting to see how well it competes with all of the other products in this category.

Update: Here's a link to several more pics of the device: http://androidheadlines.com/2012/12/sonys-yuga-gets-shown-off-in-preview-from-russia.html

Source: TalkAndroid

Last edited:

bigdad63

Reaction score
I would have actually given this a serious look if it didn't have a big g grotesque black bar of onscreen buttons making it functionally a 4.5 inch screen most of the time.

hotice

Reaction score
I think I may switch to Sony for my next phone. I love my MaxxHD but if Moto still didn't have a BSI camera in 2012 why would they in 2014. Sony often has MicroHDMI and a waterproof nano-coating as well. Hopefully by 2014 Sony will have a phone with battery life as good as my Maxx HD.

@BigDad63 - I mostly agree about the on-screen button thing except this is the new design of Android, good or not. I think it would have been smarter to keep the face buttons - four of them!!! Trade the search for the task switch. The most annoying thing is when I try to show people photos in the Gallery and I can't show them full screen! It should go full screen until I tap the screen for options or something but it shouldn't reduce useable screen size for any type of media. At least it doesn't do that for video and I can use the full screen for video.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Nice, definitely going to be in the running for my next phone.

bigdad63

Reaction score
I think I may switch to Sony for my next phone. I love my MaxxHD but if Moto still didn't have a BSI camera in 2012 why would they in 2014. Sony often has MicroHDMI and a waterproof nano-coating as well. Hopefully by 2014 Sony will have a phone with battery life as good as my Maxx HD.

@BigDad63 - I mostly agree about the on-screen button thing except this is the new design of Android, good or not. I think it would have been smarter to keep the face buttons - four of them!!! Trade the search for the task switch. The most annoying thing is when I try to show people photos in the Gallery and I can't show them full screen! It should go full screen until I tap the screen for options or something but it shouldn't reduce useable screen size for any type of media. At least it doesn't do that for video and I can use the full screen for video.

I'm flabbergasted by how they alienate certain portions of buyers. My Galaxy s3 has the option to turn of it's lights completely and obviously those that want to (yuck) can add the onscreen buttons. Android is supposed to be about flexibility and this is the exact opposite. Oh well, I'm sure HTC and Samsung will be happy to continue to take my money.

Last edited: