[Rumor] Sony Working on 5-Inch Quad-Core Phablet with 20MP Camera

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One-Sony-honami-rumor.jpg

For Sony fans, we have some juicy new rumors regarding their next flagship device. Supposedly, the Japanese electronics giant is working on a new phablet with some truly killer specs. It's called the Honami and will be part of Sony's new "One Sony" branding initiative. Here's a breakdown of the rumored specs,
  • 5-inch full HD resolution display
  • 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • A whopping 20-megapixel rear camera using a Cybershot CMOS sensor and Carl Zeiss lens
  • Non-removable battery between 2,700 mAh and 3,000 mAh
  • Dust and water resistance ala the Xperia Z
What do you guys think? If this intel turns out to be true, would you wish for this device on your carrier?

"The Honami smartphone is expected to debut at the IFA trade show in September." We will know something this Fall.

Source: BGR

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I really really like my S-pen, but there is a whole lot about my phone that is driving me crazy, I'd definitely check this phone out, though 5.5 would be better, especially if they, wait for it I've said it before, removed the bezel.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol! I completely agree. I can't wait for an OEM to finally make a phone with "zero" bezel. :)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
lol! I completely agree. I can't wait for an OEM to finally make a phone with "zero" bezel. :)

Working on that, maybe not zero bezel but close to it.

---
I hate jelly beans, Google's jellybean is alright though.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet Galaxy Note II