[Rumor] Nenamark Results Tip-Off Some Droid 3 Specs; OMAP4 CPU & qHD Resolution

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nenamark-droid3.png

It looks like the Motorola Droid 3 will be getting an OMAP 4430 processor by Texas Instruments, instead of a Tegra2 chip from NVIDIA. At least, that's what is seemed to be indicated by some leaked benchmarks from Nenamark for the phone. Another spec that showed up in the benchmark results was a qHD resolution screen.

It's kinda surprising that Moto went with the TI chip with the Droid 3, since they went with the NVIDIA chip for both the Atrix and the Droid X2 that is coming soon. It'll be interesting to see how the TI chip performs. Unfortunately, there is still no word on 4G for the Droid 3, but industry intel seems to suggest that it will still only be 3G. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Source: PhanDroid

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
:yeahbaby01: I'm salivating! I can't wait to see what other specs the Droid 3 will have! :woot:

etx_droid

Reaction score
Nice, I was kinda hoping they would go with the TI chip, although this is just a rumor. Either way, this may be the Droid I've been looking for :)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't find this anywhere.

Does anyone know, or have read the internal storage size and RAM?

I heard it mirrors the X2.

If that's true then:

512 mb ram
8 gigs onboard storage

Sucks, I had hoped by this point that 1 gig of ram would be the standard. I guess owning an og droid makes you want the max ram possible :)

jedihep

Reaction score
I expect a lot from the core of the Droid name sake. The D1 was and is a fantastic device! I still use mine and even with all the new devices out there it still stands out as a becon in the sea of smartphones! The D1 deserves a worthy successor and hier to it's empire! In my honest opinion the D2 was a mistake! A bastard child riding on the success of it's name. Wholey unremarkable and totally unground breaking in every aspect of it's being and unquestionably undeserving the name D2! Droid, a name made great by a fantastic device that inspired and formed what would become a unshakeable foundation to a pilar of technology. It was a devestating first shot in the war with the megolith of apple, that was not only deadly accurate, but inspirational. It not only created the breach in apples fortress defences, but lead the charge through those defences long after more powerful devices arrived on the scene. Few devices will be remembered and spoken of with such awe and revrence as the D1. I say again, I expect a lot from the core of the Droid name sake! You'll have to pry my D1 from my cold dead hand and I'll only replace it willingly with a device that is just as remarkable, ground breaking and capable again of deserving the name Droid! Motorola ..... don't make the same mistake twice!!! Make the D3 capable again of leading the charge and inspiring the masses!!! Make the D3 worthy of the name DROID!!!

etx_droid

Reaction score
I expect a lot from the core of the Droid name sake. The D1 was and is a fantastic device! I still use mine and even with all the new devices out there it still stands out as a becon in the sea of smartphones! The D1 deserves a worthy successor and hier to it's empire! In my honest opinion the D2 was a mistake! A bastard child riding on the success of it's name. Wholey unremarkable and totally unground breaking in every aspect of it's being and unquestionably undeserving the name D2! Droid, a name made great by a fantastic device that inspired and formed what would become a unshakeable foundation to a pilar of technology. It was a devestating first shot in the war with the megolith of apple, that was not only deadly accurate, but inspirational. It not only created the breach in apples fortress defences, but lead the charge through those defences long after more powerful devices arrived on the scene. Few devices will be remembered and spoken of with such awe and revrence as the D1. I say again, I expect a lot from the core of the Droid name sake! You'll have to pry my D1 from my cold dead hand and I'll only replace it willingly with a device that is just as remarkable, ground breaking and capable again of deserving the name Droid! Motorola ..... don't make the same mistake twice!!! Make the D3 capable again of leading the charge and inspiring the masses!!! Make the D3 worthy of the name DROID!!!

Wow, come on bro, the D2 wasn't a bad device at all. It certainly wasn't worth an upgrade if you already had an OG. I know a few people that were new to the Android game and the D2 was their first experience with Android and they love it...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, great post jedihep, seriously. Put a smile on my face.

ext, I think thats what some ppl overlook with these recent Motorola Droid phones, those that are new to Android or new to the Droid series.

I have the Droid 1 and still got the X. Some feel it wasnt enough of an upgrade. To me it was enough for me to keep it. I woulda got the Droid 2 I just wanted to try a bigger phone to see if I would like it. Turns out I do. And I realized I didnt use the slide out keyboard at all.

jedihep

Reaction score
I never said it was a bad device. It was simply little more than a repackaged D1. The changes were unworthy of even calling it a upgrade, more fitting would be to refer to it as a revision of the D1! In comparison to what the D1 initially brought to the table it was an unremarkable device more worthy of the name D1.1!!! The DROID was/is the flagship of the motorola smartphone line. People expected nothing less to follow the droid line than a device that was just as cutting edge, innovative and stunning! What they were presented with was a device that was rushed to market with really nothing new and absolutely no new innovation to it. Clearly it was nothing more than the marketing departments attempt to ride the names selling power for further revenu and to keep up the appearence of a fat and quickly advancing line for the company! It did succeed in tarnishing what was expected from the Droid device in respect to the D1. For someone new to smartphones it was remarkable, but in the scope of advancement, and to those already initiated into the smartphone fraternity, it was simply a disapointment to the name, which those veterans had come to mean nothing less than industrial leading techonological advancment. On its own the D2 was a great device, but given the context of everything that was happening at the time within the smartphone industry and with what had just proceded it the, D2 was hardly innovative in the least and certinally undeserving its name and what people had come to expect from it! What I'm hoping for from motorola is a return to the origional formula that made the name DROID great and not only propelled the newly formed android opperating system forward but supercharged it so much so as to go toe to toe with the industry colossis that was apple! A cutting edge, industry leading, innovative, technological supirior device! That is DROID! Return it to it's rightful place Motorola!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here Here jedihep!

In the meantime, my OG works just fine, OC to 1GHz.

jedihep

Reaction score
Do you think that they are looking at the OMAP 4430 instead of the Tegra2 or TI's OMAP 4440 for the sake of battery life????

everstar80

Reaction score
I don't know much about the dual cores so I'm not gonna pretend so I'll ask, does this mean the Droid 3 will still be dual core, just not as fast, or dual core not as great of quality. Also by them using the TI chip does that mean it may still be more reliable for updates by Motorola? Thanks to anyone that can clarify.

loki993

Reaction score

Wow, come on bro, the D2 wasn't a bad device at all. It certainly wasn't worth an upgrade if you already had an OG. I know a few people that were new to the Android game and the D2 was their first experience with Android and they love it...

Count me as one of them. I love my D2. Itll do fine for me until something worth my upgrade comes out. I was thinking about a bigger phone, but Im really like the size of the D2, the keyboard, coning from a BB, I could take it or leave it. I got Swype so thats really nice. Im sure Ill get better with the keyboard. Its not an essential thing for my next device though.

Thats said hopefully the rumors of the D3 not having 4G are just rumors. If it has 4G id seriously consider it. If they release this phone without 4G, I think its a mistake. If its is 3G only I wouldnt consider it at all.