[Rumor] Motorola Droid X2 May have Lower Specs than Originally Thought

kinfolk248

Reaction score
i have the OG overclocked to 1 ghz sometimes higher, it has all the latest OS upgrades (gingerbread), does everything and hasnt had to stop for a breather yet! I mine if you have the OG just root it, overclock and run a custom rom and there you go. i dont use compcache (basically using SDcard for x amount of ram) cus i dont need push it that hard but if i did its there. OG is still the best, too bad Moto is back on that same bs that sent them tanking right before the droid craze. they better get there acts together cus if they dont some may start eating healthy (apples) and leave the desserts (android) be lol ...smh

ive had mine since it was born and ill have it til it dies...!!!

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
While it is frustrating to have to wait for the phone that has everything, VZW/Moto will sell a ton of these phones so they have no real incentive to push the envelope. Plus there will be high end 4G phones coming soon so we can always wait for those. I highly doubt we will see anymore flagship 3g only phones but can you blame them? If you where VZW wouldn't you keep the best tech for your new 4G network?

As for getting mad and switching to iphone well IMO the iphone could run an i7, with a 1080p screen, 13 MP camera and do my laundry but if it runs IOS I'd never buy it. I don't have an issue with the Iphone hardware, other than the antenna, but I cannot stand the locked down/dumbed down software.

Anyway lets hope the 4g flagships will hit sooner than latter...

craigboy

Reaction score
While it is frustrating to have to wait for the phone that has everything, VZW/Moto will sell a ton of these phones so they have no real incentive to push the envelope. Plus there will be high end 4G phones coming soon so we can always wait for those. I highly doubt we will see anymore flagship 3g only phones but can you blame them? If you where VZW wouldn't you keep the best tech for your new 4G network?

As for getting mad and switching to iphone well IMO the iphone could run an i7, with a 1080p screen, 13 MP camera and do my laundry but if it runs IOS I'd never buy it. I don't have an issue with the Iphone hardware, other than the antenna, but I cannot stand the locked down/dumbed down software.

Anyway lets hope the 4g flagships will hit sooner than latter...

What's strange is that Samsung doesn't seem to be pushing Moto like you would think. Samsung really pushes their phones, take the Galaxy S2:

Duel Core: Check
1Gig RAM: Check
FFC: Check
Awesome Screen: Check
Top of the line CPU: Check
Sold a SH*T ton of phones last year: Check

We all know Samsung has the MAJOR problem with updates, in other words they don't. But hardware wise it's hard to argue that Samsung don't put out great hardware and that leads to massive phone sales (9M Galaxy S phones sold) Why don't other Manufatures see the success Samsung had putting out great hardware and emulate it.

Although now that I think about it, Samsung is probably the reason LG is putting out what looks to be great phones this year (Both companies are Korean and highly competitive with each other.)

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I agree samsung's specs look awesome if they could only update their SW or go straight android like their nexus s then I'd be on board.

pizza3

Reaction score
News or rehash

I saw the following on a site called newsden.net that the X2 is coming out 2Q and it looks like the original specs. They claim it is new news but I don't know. It showed 2 fotos of what I presume is the new baby. It laments the absence of LTE but since I don't care about LTE I don't lament it. Is this a legitimate NEW rumor or just a rehash of the existing rumor?

Photos and specifications of Motorola Droid X2 have leaked over the web which is believed to be a successor of Motorola Droid X. The news was sparked by a user named britishturbo on forum The MobiZone.com claiming that this device is currently codenamed Daytona and would be hitting market shelves with Android 2.2 FroYo operating system and a NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core 1GHz processor along with 1GB of RAM. The source more revealed that Motorola Droid X2 would be coming with 4.3-inch QHD LCD Display – 540 x 960 Resolution and a front facing camera. There would also be an 8 mega-pixel camera on-board with a new Motoblur user interface. Moreover two other sources talking to Engadget confirmed that this device is for real and is expected to be launched on Verizon Wireless network during the second quarter of this year but sadly it won’t have support for Verizon’s 4G LTE network. As for its price, many reports are suggesting that it will fall under mid range category.

DMFA

Reaction score
Dual core? I'd rather have dual-battery for what its worth.

So true. I'm sticking with my X for quite a while. Just make a device that can last me two days in case I can't charge it overnight or I have to work 30 hours straight.

Dual core is nice, but really, how necessary is it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

So true. I'm sticking with my X for quite a while. Just make a device that can last me two days in case I can't charge it overnight or I have to work 30 hours straight.

Another lousy trade-off for cost and aesthetics. I look at my D1 battery and think that, without the keyboard, it could easily house two batteries.

Maybe I'm just old, but I think there's a significant market that cares way more about functionality over being pretty.

pizza3

Reaction score
Too true

Kodiak you are truly a wiseman/woman. Look at all the brohaha going on elsewhere on this board as to whether one may be able to get the latest and greatest on the FIRST day. I wouldn't want a totally new phone during the first MONTH just to see what mishaps those who stayed on line the night before to get the latest doohickey on the FIRST encountered. I have a D1 as well and got one of those thick batteries from ebay. It is slightly heavier and clunkier looking but I swear I'm going over 50 hours between charges. I'd rather have the BEST than the FIRST. Would you want to be known as the first owner of an Edsel or Yugo?

jbdow

Reaction score
I've tried to tell everyone about kodiak, and there are several others here as
well who can really analyze a subject-maybe not getting the results that some are interested in hearing, but important, none the less. I do love this forum. and i also do
love my d2g- they're really gonna have to impress me with specs to get me to change.
As someone posted earlier, i'd pay retail for a phone that had everything i want, but
as i said 2 months ago, i don't see anything real or rumored coming up the pike that
would make me want to switch, and things will probably stay that way. i'm guessing,
for at least the next year (and i just keep pushing this date forward)

r, john

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the kind words guys. Lots of knowledgeable people and good discussions here. Exciting and fun times in the tech world.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Something that hasn't been brought up yet is that dual core processors may be TONS more battery efficient than single core processors. To greatly over-simplify it, it takes less power to run 2 cores at 50% than one core at 100%, plus the boards leak much more power while powering the cores at 100%. So dual core may be a battery upgrade once the OS (or chipset) is built for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well the chip manufactures have said their dual core chipsets are more efficient then comparable single core. So while not specifically mentioned, it has been implied.

Sent from somewhere...

mjforte

Reaction score
Let's hope with the X2 specs not being what was originally thought that this doesn't affect the D3's specs. I'm definitely looking forward to it after the Thunderbolt, as I really prefer a physical keyboard.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Another lousy trade-off for cost and aesthetics. I look at my D1 battery and think that, without the keyboard, it could easily house two batteries.

Maybe I'm just old, but I think there's a significant market that cares way more about functionality over being pretty.

I also care more about functionality than looks. I would agree with you on the D1 except that I really like a physical keyboard. If I didn't use it exclusively then I would think the same. The phone design that I never understood from the beginning was the DX. Why not make the darn thing the same thickness the entire length and double the battery. I would greatly prefer that over the fancy design that they came up with.

P.S. If you were really as old as you claim then you would have a name like TheOldFart. :)

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Let's hope with the X2 specs not being what was originally thought that this doesn't affect the D3's specs. I'm definitely looking forward to it after the Thunderbolt, as I really prefer a physical keyboard.

Same here. I'll be happy if the D3 has a better keyboard than the D1 and is the same size or preferably a 4" screen. LTE would be nice, but only if it doesn't cost more then current G3. I still don't see anything that I like better than my D1.