[RUMOR] Galaxy SIII Will Be Missing From MWC 2012

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
gs3.jpeg

The highly anticipated Galaxy SIII is looking to be absent from MWC 2012. Early rumors had it making its way to the conference but The Verge and German bloggers, Bestboyz, have reported that sources close to the project say it's a no go. The german site wrote "Today I learned that it is probably safe, Samsung will very likely not to introduce Galaxy SIII MWC. Currently there are two problems with the Galaxy SII successor. At a special event that will take place somewhat later, the phone will be presented"

Notice the comment "currently there are two problems with the GSIII." Thats quite a zinger there, and eventually the rumors will begin to fly as to what those problems are. There is, however, speculation that Samsung was uncomfortable with the delay between the global launch and US availability. The US is a key market for the South Korean company so this would make sense. What the other "problem" could be is anyone's guess.

Verizon passed on the GSII last year, lets hope they don't make that same mistake again with the Galaxy SIII.

Via: Android.net

Reaction score
I agree about the US being a key market for Samsung so a global release, along with the US, would make sense. And if that's true then I would guess that one of the problems is Verizon's 4G LTE not playing nice with their new chipset.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I agree about the US being a key market for Samsung so a global release, along with the US, would make sense. And if that's true then I would guess that one of the problems is Verizon's 4G LTE not playing nice with their new chipset.

I'm not so sure that they'd cancel a world wide release of a product just because of a compatibility problem with Verizon.
Verizon is usually among the LAST carriers on the planet to get any given model of any given phone. They'd just release it on AT&T or TMO and go on about their business.

Reaction score
Nothing is being cancelled, just delayed and apparently because of 2 issues. It just doesn't make sense from a business standpoint to release it last on Verizon since they are the largest wireless provider in the US, but it has happened before. That could be Verizon's own fault tho.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
My guess is it has to do with thinness and getting everything to work.