Galaxy SIII will refresh with a 3D version?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
galaxys3.jpeg

The Samsung Galaxy SIII featuring a 3D Glassless screen that is rumored to be unveiled at Mobile World Congress 2012 may not be the only GSIII handset to hit the shelves. According to NVO News and Tech2 the GSIII (non 3D) is the first version that will be announced with the 3D version releasing as refresh later in the year..

The 3D version is rumored to be dubbed as the Galaxy S 3D (no surprises there.) This is backed up by Tech2's Rossi Fernandes. Rossi says “A 3D version of the Galaxy is expected and it’s likely to be called the Galaxy S 3D. A 3D display is likely along with support for 3D video and photo shooting. The 3D fever seems to be hitting mobile phones and Samsung hadn’t jumped onboard the bandwagon,”

Keep in mind these rumors have not been confirmed so take them with the proverbial grain of salt. Regardless of how this pans out MWC 2012 will surely bring a version of the GSIII that will put a smile on everyones face.

Source: NVO News

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
sounds interesting...i guess its the next step up from having an hd screen (actually i thought full 1080p screens would come before 3d but i guess not lol)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Three of the major carriers have 3D devices.

Sprint EVO 3D
AT&T Thrill
T-Mobile G-Slate

Verizon is the only one without.

Wonder why that is :question:

loki993

Reaction score
Don't care about 3d all I need Is the gsiii. Don't skip this Verizon

Sent from my DROIDXified ICS D2

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yeah 3D on a phone is unecessary. Would like to see the GSIII make it to VZW though...

ncvikingx97

Reaction score
Well, I dont see why e eryine cares cares for 3d. I don't even really like it in the theatres.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah 3D on a phone is unecessary. Would like to see the GSIII make it to VZW though...

Hopefully its even better than the superphone GSII...I've never actually used or even seen one but isn't it the basic Android phone to beat?

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

azules9780

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the 5th button down there by menu, home, search etc? I wonder what that's about?

Crazycatlady

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the 5th button down there by menu, home, search etc? I wonder what that's about?

They're supposed to be doing away with the search and menu buttons in ics. They added a recent activities button on the GNex. Could be that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
They're supposed to be doing away with the search and menu buttons in ics. They added a recent activities button on the GNex. Could be that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

The picture is only a rendition. The GSIII may or may not look like that.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
all the current 3d phones really suck.

According to one site the EVO 3D is the 5th best smartphone of 2011. Somebody out there like 3D phones...lol.

I got my son a 3DS. 3D isnt that bad on it. It could be nice, especially if they do it like on the 3DS and have a slider to adjust the 3D effect instead of on n off.