rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

Used the sbf to get back to stock 2.2, used the update.zip, rooted, and I am now on rubiX 1.9 with the .320 kernel.

Actually... you're on the .340 kernel.. (assuming you ran the .340 update.zip).. but good stuff. :)

hey guys,
so ima total noob but all i want is a simple black bar mod. i have flyx v0.1 final, which i believe is blurless. my brother said he flashed a different rom, so i think i will need to do that, but where do i start? rubix seems to have the most support, but which do i choose? focused or blurry? i dont really care to have all the blur applications, but whatever is similar to flyx. and when i flash a new rom, what are my black theme options that are fully compatible with rubix?
also, i have to have LCD density changer. i wont go back to the smaller pixel density

Focused is built from a completely different framework than FlyX (FlyX was based on the original 2.3.9 leak of 2.2 I believe). One (of a few) side affects of this, is that LCD Density changes WILL cause additional reboots on the current Focused framework. If you need to change it, you'll want to start with a Blur based rom, so you get the MotoBlur framework (similar to FlyX).. which means if you care to try Drod2169's rubiX ROM, then Blurry it is.

Think the latest version is 1.6.3.. should be in the drod2169 section...

sounds good to me. thanks a lot!
oh and, OTA = ?

hey guys,
so ima total noob but all i want is a simple black bar mod. i have flyx v0.1 final, which i believe is blurless. my brother said he flashed a different rom, so i think i will need to do that, but where do i start? rubix seems to have the most support, but which do i choose? focused or blurry? i dont really care to have all the blur applications, but whatever is similar to flyx. and when i flash a new rom, what are my black theme options that are fully compatible with rubix?
also, i have to have LCD density changer. i wont go back to the smaller pixel density

Focused is built from a completely different framework than FlyX (FlyX was based on the original 2.3.9 leak of 2.2 I believe). One (of a few) side affects of this, is that LCD Density changes WILL cause additional reboots on the current Focused framework. If you need to change it, you'll want to start with a Blur based rom, so you get the MotoBlur framework (similar to FlyX).. which means if you care to try Drod2169's rubiX ROM, then Blurry it is.

oh and, OTA = ?

Getting updates from Verizon Over The Air, is commonly referred to OTA.

oh and, OTA = ?

ok so if ive never updated OTA and im on flyx v0.1, and never done anything else, system update-wise, what should i do? blurry or focused?

having no problems with LCD density changer is mandatory. also, having no problems with the camera or video players is preferred. i guess blurry is my only option for rubiX...

also, does your black bar mod work with blurry?

New problem which is kind of interesting. I cannot stream any videos from any source, always get an error that the video cannot be played. I have also lost the ability to stream music via rhapsody and some other internet radio apps. Even when I try to run quadrant it errors out and stops when it gets to video. Anyone have this happen? I'm running the leak version. Thanks!

i think to solve your problem you have to go into your build.prop and change the line that says media.stagefright.enable-player=true. change it to =false. that should fix it. :)

Already on false :(

oh and, OTA = ?

ok so if ive never updated OTA and im on flyx v0.1, and never done anything else, system update-wise, what should i do? blurry or focused?

having no problems with LCD density changer is mandatory. also, having no problems with the camera or video players is preferred. i guess blurry is my only option for rubiX...

Black bar mod only works on Focused, there are blur based mods for Blurry though. :)

And LCD Density being a requirement.. Focused will repeatedly reboot if the LCD Density is changed, so while I usually recommend Focused... I can't in your case.

Blurry would be a better fit with your given requirements.

Black bar mod only works on Focused, there are blur based mods for Blurry though. :)

And LCD Density being a requirement.. Focused will repeatedly reboot if the LCD Density is changed, so while I usually recommend Focused... I can't in your case.

Blurry would be a better fit with your given requirements.

thanks a bunch!

is this forum the go to place for RubiX blurry support? where is the main thread?'

also, should i run backup in clockwork?

Last edited:
You could also try changing the number of rows and columns displayed in your homescreen in ADW Launcher or Launcher pro. I don't think is strictly the same as changing the screen density, but will allow you to see more -kind of like changing the resolution on your pc monitor.
Also HDMI is not dully supported in RubiX yet and neither is panoramic view in the camera. Small price to pay for a lightning fast vanilla rom with an awesome battery life.

oh and, OTA = ?

GingerBread Keyboard

Just a heads up if you haven't tried it yet. I attempted to load the gingerbread keyboard and while the update went fine, the keyboard sucked. It looked like it was shrunk.
I got the file from droid-life. The instructions were clear. Btw, many DroidX users reported the same issue, so the problem is not unique to this ROM.
Just a heads up. I thought I save you the hassle :)

Just a heads up if you haven't tried it yet. I attempted to load the gingerbread keyboard and while the update went fine, the keyboard sucked. It looked like it was shrunk.
I got the file from droid-life. The instructions were clear. Btw, many DroidX users reported the same issue, so the problem is not unique to this ROM.

There are threads on these boards (somewhere, search is your friend) that I believe had a fix for this.. it was to change lcd density, and then change it back or something?

Edit: Searched... thread here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/103449-2-3-gingerbread-keyboard.html

Download fab's fixed GB keyboard. Then download lcd density changer free from the market. Set it to 300 reboot 260 reboot then stock 240 reboot. Problem fixed

Seph, dude... you're a machine.
I had seen that thread early in the morning and had completely forgotten about it -it was before my morning coffee :)
I'll check it out. Thank you, Seph.

There are threads on these boards (somewhere, search is your friend) that I believe had a fix for this.. it was to change lcd density, and then change it back or something?

Edit: Searched... thread here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/103449-2-3-gingerbread-keyboard.html

Back