Rubbed the wrong way by Vzw today.....

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I stopped reading the thread when I got to this sentence. "Screwed" because you didn't get a promo shirt? I guess I should feel that way too since I was one of the first in line for the original Droid.

To the O.P. - are you going to a premium retailer or a corporate store? That could actually make a difference for you. The early upgrade policies and other promo policies are tighter than they used to be. I wish you the best.

When I say screwed I meant on how petty they were about not even giving me a free shirt, even when I called and asked about it when I saw other members here posting about how they received their free shirt. I called and asked about and just like in the typical VZW fashion....DENIED.

I know this sounds petty on my part also but It is a good example on how just little VZW has done to keep me a happy customer.

Maybe they will show me a little love when I go to cancel my contract instead of just blindly renewing it?
I'm looking forward to the thread that you start that you've left VZW and among the reasons was you didn't get a promo t-shirt.

I didn't get one for any new phone that came out - Storm or Droid. I also worked in a VZW call center and can tell you that they have absolutely no control over what promotional gimmick is being done. It was my understanding that it was mostly new VZW subscribers were getting those shirts.

Well that explains your hostility towards me as what as been typical with about 80 % of VZW employees that I have had to deal with. The other 20% that were good experiences I guess was because I was just handing easy money over because I came in informed and knowing the exact product that I wanted.

And as you stated earlier... you stopped reading my post. If you would of read carefully you would of seen in my post about the one time I came in and needed help with killing my old phone that was stolen and more than willing to spend money for a new one the store rep pointed me to a demo phone and said to report it there. So it is nothing about the shirt that did it for me but was just an example of how little VZW does with attempting to keep long and loyal customers happy.

I love the network and have come to depend on it, but I am at the point now that the test will come when my contract is up in November, they can show me some love or I hit the road for a couple of years and then let them kiss my a$$ to get me back. As a new customer is more cared for than an existing one.

I look forward to thread I will post in November to let you know what happened either way if I stay or if I go.

Last edited:

devator22

Reaction score
When my sister ran up $200 worth of texts in one month, my mom called vzw and they offered to forgive it if she added texting to our family plan, which she did, cause she was planning on it anyway. Then, recently, I dropped my d1 in the water and it fizzled. They gave me the inc2 as a replacement at the upgrade price. Not really amazing stories, but they have tried to help us on multiple occasions.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.

OP
mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
mountaineerndixie said:
And many successful businesses work that way....the less they hear from you the better deals you get.

like what businesses? None that I ever worked for ( which as a consultant is quite a few). If I don't hear from a customer, I have no reason to assume anything other than the levels of my pricing and service are correct. Bad businesses give away margin with such unnecessary freebies.

People run promotions designed to generate sales, but I have NEVER had a company out of the blue just say "we're giving you $10off this month just for being great customer"

You aren't even reading my words. Of course you don't call and give stuff away but what if one of your "quiet, satisfied" customers that you never hear from called and asked for a bit extra this go around? You would accommodate him or someone else would because he is low maintenance and pays your bills.

I'm not talking about Vzw calling me out of the blue and offering me anything...of course, if it's not broke don't fix it. If you don't agree then you just aren't understanding what the circumstances are because the fact remains that I am right..;)..:icon_ banana:

But, to your point above, I have known many businesses to actually make first contact with a currently satisfied customer to give or do something that wasn't asked for. It's not always a regular occurrence and it's much more common at the wholesale level than retail I would guess but it does happen. Raffles, dinners, entertainment, vacations...all swag that isn't usually asked for but is built into budgets and done to help keep satisfied customers that way and build a little "margin" into their satisfaction should a competitor come calling.

Ok, I'm done with this topic...it's gonna be time for my regular upgrade at this rate. I had no clue this thread would even be read!