Droid X BOGO free or wait?

mikey4226

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Both my dad and I are eligible for an upgrade. He already has a smartphone (HTC Imagio), but I have a feature phone (LG Versa). The VZW website is offering the DX for BOGO free, so my dad and I would be able to get new DX's for $199 total. Also, VZW has the family plan promotion where I will get a $9.99 monthly discount when we add a smartphone to the family plan (which would be my line) - bringing down the cost of the data plan to $20.

Do you think I should jump on this or wait until the holiday season to see if the DX price drops or better deals come around?

Or should I wait for the new Incredible HD, which I've had my eye on lately?

There's also the option of going through Wirefly and getting just one DX for $79.99.

I've been patiently waiting to become a droid user...and I'm starting to get antsy now that I'm actually eligible. I just don't want to get over eager and jump at the first deal I see and find myself regretting it later. Any input would be helpful, thanks!

Detonation

Reaction score
Well if you wait it out for one of the new phones coming (Inc HD, Moto Etna, Lg Star) you probably won't get as good of a deal as you could get with the DX now. So I guess you also have to factor in if you're willing to pay more for the latest and greatest.

korp

Reaction score
Well if you wait it out for one of the new phones coming (Inc HD, Moto Etna, Lg Star) you probably won't get as good of a deal as you could get with the DX now. So I guess you also have to factor in if you're willing to pay more for the latest and greatest.
The Droid X is still a fantastic phone and still a high end device. Remember too, you are getting deals right now because of the holidays and that's usually when the best of the best deals happen.

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
The Droid X is still a fantastic phone and still a high end device. Remember too, you are getting deals right now because of the holidays and that's usually when the best of the best deals happen.

I would be very happy getting the DX - it's been my favorite phone since it came out. I'm just wondering if there may be newer/better deals as it gets closer to Christmas? If not, I may have to "settle" with the DX.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
There will ALWAYS be better phones coming out. And you could wait forever for that phone that's just a bit better than what's out there now. Make a choice and live with it. Don't let a few dollars in price determine which phone you get. Get the one you really want; you gotta live with it for the next ten or twenty months.

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
That's very true. Given the lack of info indicating that the HD will come out any time soon, I'll most likely go with the DX.

Now the questions is should I do the current BOGO deal, or wait to see if better deals come along as Christmas approaches?