RSD Lite not reading Droid X

mr.droid87

Reaction score
I just got a Droid X and wanted to install Rubix rom I obviously did something wrong because my X is stuck on the M screen, and I can't get out of it. I tried using RSD Lite to bring it back to stock 2.1 but RSD lite won't show the phone. I installed all of the latest drivers and installed them, I spaced at the end of the sbf file and backspaced and nothing changed I restarted the computer but it still won't read can anyone help? Thanks I'm running windows xp 32 bit

sephtin

Reaction score
I just got a Droid X and wanted to install Rubix rom I obviously did something wrong because my X is stuck on the M screen, and I can't get out of it. I tried using RSD Lite to bring it back to stock 2.1 but RSD lite won't show the phone. I installed all of the latest drivers and installed them, I spaced at the end of the sbf file and backspaced and nothing changed I restarted the computer but it still won't read can anyone help? Thanks I'm running windows xp 32 bit

Would have found this thread MUCH sooner, had it been posted in drod2169 (the dev's) section... Or even a post in the thread about the ROM you're trying to install would have been better..

Anyway, here goes nothing.

Before .sbf'ing, most of the time, wiping data/cache will fix this.
--Pull the battery.
--Hold the home button on the phone, while you put the battery back in. Let go of the home button when you see the M logo.
--It should boot to the android recovery screen (little droid with a ! in a triangle). When you see this, hit the search button on the phone to get to the menu.
--From the menu, wipe cache, and wipe data, then reboot.
It SHOULD reboot into the ROM.

If not, could be a bad install/download/?. .sbf is a good option.
To get RSD Lite to recognize your phone, make sure you're on the bootloader screen with your phone, by holding down Volume Down, Camera button, and Power while booting.

HTH!

csimo

Reaction score

In RSD Lite go to Config, DeviceId Options, and select First Come.... That usually fixes the issue.

Also make sure you're using RSD Lite 4.8 or 4.9 only.

-Joe

-Joe

OP
M

mr.droid87

Reaction score
Thank you for your responses and I apologize if I posted in the wrong section I didn't mean to cause any confusion but I've already attempted all of the steps you've attempted and it didn't help but i noticed that even though rsd wasn't seeing it I was still given the option to start the process and I did and my phone is back on I don't know what I did it just popped up but thanks for the response and trying to help