RSD Lite Issues

pocketbass72

Reaction score
Ok guys, have been searching all morning and can't seem to find a resolution that works on my Droid X.

Installed the unrooted Gingerbread yesterday and now I'm trying to get to the rooted one today.

Have RSD Lite 4.9 downloaded and installed. Have the latest Moto drivers but RSD Lite just won't recognize my phone.

I've done it on my Windows 7 64bit machine. I've done it on an XP SP3 machine. Unloaded and reloaded drivers several times on both machines, no luck.

Any ideas?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Just an idea, but have you restarted your pc? Sometimes that's what it takes for drivers to apply.

Swyped from a Droid

turdbogls

Reaction score
for Windows 7 64 bit you should use this driver
MOTODEV > Documentation & Tools > USB Drivers > Handset USB Driver for Windows (64-bit)
and RSD lite 4.8.

a guy on here has those links in his signature and says they work. for some reason with Windows 7, it is kinda finicky and 4.9 wont work on it. use 4.8 with the driver above and you should be all good. i am planning on doing this later tonight. so give it a go and see if it works and report back :)

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
Interesting.

I seem to have the opposite problem on vista 64. Phone is in bootloader mode, RSD lite 4.9 finds it, then I open the .sbf, and after that ... nothing. (Same thing happened with RSD lite 4.8.) Everything just sits there. Start remains greyed out, and nothing happens.

I will try re-booting, then 5.0 drivers, then a different computer. I'll let you folks know what worked.

OP
P

pocketbass72

Reaction score
CJM - I've rebooted both machines more times than I can count.

turdbogls - Downloading both the drivers & 4.8 now. Have removed everything Motorola from my PC and will give it a try and let you know.

OP
P

pocketbass72

Reaction score
No luck guys. Tried RSD Lite 4.8 and the drivers above on both my Windows 7 & XP machine. Still can't get it to even recognize my phone at all.

turdbogls

Reaction score
you can try 4.7 on your XP...pretty sure that is what i used a while back when i had to SBF to the version prior to 2.3.340. cant hurt anything.

i am going to be trying 4.8 with the 5.0 drivers later tonight so i will post my experience here.

i am sure you read the instructions, but are you puting it in the bootloader screen from an off state and plugged into the PC?

OP
P

pocketbass72

Reaction score
Yep. I've already wiped it, so I plug it in to make sure it recognizes the device, then put it into the bootloader screen from a power off state. Still the same thing. Will try 4.7, can't hurt at this point.

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
gave up on RSD lite and windows, went with Linux and sbf_flash.

Well, I couldn't get RSD lite to work for me no matter what I tried, but I found out about sbf_flash on Linux here, and that worked for me. (I knew that getting rid of XP on my netbook would make it actually useful for something someday. :) )

The phone is rebooting to stock .340 right now, and I can finally go on to install rooted GB! dancedroid

OP
P

pocketbass72

Reaction score
so wolf, what particular flavor of linux are you running? guess I could always throw one up in vmware to get my phone where I need it.

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
On my netbook?
Jolicloud. Runs smoothly on a eeepc 900hd, and is a lot better (faster boot, less lag) than the stock win XP that came on it. besides, it's based off Ubuntu, so I can install any non-supported software by following ubuntu instructions.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums