RSD 4.6 not detecting my phone

Mishael

Reaction score
ive been working on this for a few hours SO heres what ive done and my phone still isnt detected in rsd

run as admin
checked the first come, first...blah blah
running for XP SP3
restarted
installed all drivers
ive done my research. is there something im missing?
im sort of on a time crunch here so any help while i can access it is extremely appreciated

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Make sure you have the updated drivers and you didn't use some high security firewall or anything that would prevent usb support..it's always worked for me not sure of a solution..maybe someone who had this problem before could chime in.

Stretch2m

Reaction score
I had terrible luck getting this to work on a computer with old-version USB ports. Is your computer older? When I tried again on a computer with the new USB ports (2.0, I think) everything went smoothly.

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
forgot to mention that. my computer is from 07 and its got all 2.0 usb. now something weird, my phone thinks its got usb support constantly and i cant sync it with my computer. ive looked at every possible solution i could find. one guy said he got linux, learned how to use it, got virtualbox, learned how to use it, then got xp (legit and legal), then got his to work. its looking like thats what im going to have to do unless it maybe works better in vista? i have 7 and vista on my computer (oracle virtualbox) so ill try it on there i guess

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
forgot to mention that. my computer is from 07 and its got all 2.0 usb. now something weird, my phone thinks its got usb support constantly and i cant sync it with my computer. ive looked at every possible solution i could find. one guy said he got linux, learned how to use it, got virtualbox, learned how to use it, then got xp (legit and legal), then got his to work. its looking like thats what im going to have to do unless it maybe works better in vista? i have 7 and vista on my computer (oracle virtualbox) so ill try it on there i guess

I used my wife's 4 year old computer with vista to install RSD Lite and drivers with XP. It worked fine.

You are putting your phone into boot loader mode, correct?

forkup

Reaction score
Get the linux tool, it just works. Run it from a live cd if you have to.

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
im thinking of just getting linux. im relatively familiar with oracle virtualbox so i might as well just get it. ive been wanting to anyway but i needed an excuse. is there a linux version then? i dont understand what youre meaning by the "linux tool"