Cannot get RSD Lite v4.6 to Detect my Motorola Droid 1

generalopinion

Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of threads on this very topic and have tried all of the tips but I cannot get the RSD Lite v4.6 application to detect my Motorola Droid 1. I am trying to re-root my Droid 1 after applying the OTA for FRG22D. Definitely should not have done this but figured I could get root access back by following MotoCache1's guide here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

• Installed the 4.6.5 drivers from Motorola's website
  • I am able to boot into the BootLoader
  • The device shows up in my Device Manager as Motorola Flash Interface
  • I am running Windows XP Professional SP3
  • I have 3 USB ports on my machine and I have tried them all
  • I have ran RSD Lite as Administrator
  • I have uninstalled, reinstalled everything and rebooted a handful of times
  • I have let the Droid sit for 10 minutes and the Droid never shows up in the grid
  • I am able to add the .sbf file and hit Start but since there is no device detected it does work
  • I have went into Config > Device Options and selected First-Come-First-Serve-DeviceID-Mode then restarted but to no avail
  • I have stopped the MotoConnect service completely.

If anyone else can lend a hand before I throw up my hands in frustration that would be great.

dmdroid

Reaction score
Its something to do with XP Pro. I have access on two other non Pro XP Machines. But no matter what I try I cannot get the XP Pro machine I have to detect either my D1 or DX. I'm thinking about wiping XP Pro off my machine and reloading XP Home on it.

I have also read about some people having trouble with Win 7, I suspect that its mainly the Pro version again.

Your not the only one going through this problem, I have screwed around with this crap for two days.