RLite wont recognize my droid

hashbrown1087

Reaction score
Hey everyoen this is my first time posting
Im tryingto root my droid ive downloaded all sorts of stuff to do it i orgianlly downloaded rsd lite 4.5.3 and it recognized my phone but kept giving me a error message saying failed to install. Now i have 4.6 and it wont even recognize my phone can anybody give me a little insght?

Ive also se my id setting to both and nothing works yet

In my task bar rsdlite states that my phone is not the supported type please change to a supported type

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey everyoen this is my first time posting
Im tryingto root my droid ive downloaded all sorts of stuff to do it i orgianlly downloaded rsd lite 4.5.3 and it recognized my phone but kept giving me a error message saying failed to install. Now i have 4.6 and it wont even recognize my phone can anybody give me a little insght?

Ive also se my id setting to both and nothing works yet

In my task bar rsdlite states that my phone is not the supported type please change to a supported type

Sounds like missing drivers? Maybe?

OP
H

hashbrown1087

Reaction score
I have the 32 bit driver4.6,rsd 4.6,sprecovery file i cant figure out why rsd wont recognize my phone

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is a common problem. Solutions seem to be
Making sure you have the correct drivers 32 or 64 bit
Continuing to try and connect
Switching to a different version of Windows. Vista seems to be the issue.
Using a different computer.

Not what one wants to hear but .....

Mike

mcapozzi

Reaction score
In XP it is Control + Right Click to do a RunAs...

Vista and Windows 7 can set the "run as administrator" flag by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting properties.

-Mike

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Vista and Windows 7 can set the "run as administrator" flag by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting properties.

-Mike

I don't think you should have to run as admin in XP - at least I never have on my XP machine. On my Win7 (32 bit) machine, I just hold down shift and right click and choose run as admin. If that doesn't work, try going to the program directory and using that file rather than a shortcut.

mcapozzi

Reaction score

-Mike

I don't think you should have to run as admin in XP - at least I never have on my XP machine. On my Win7 (32 bit) machine, I just hold down shift and right click and choose run as admin. If that doesn't work, try going to the program directory and using that file rather than a shortcut.

You're right, on XP you don't have to as long as your running with local admin rights. Vista and XP on the other hand will not run precesses as Administrator by default (even if you are a local admin), the ones that are set to run as admin will pop a window asking you to confirm "Run as Admin" access.

I can never remember if Run As... in XP is Ctrl + RClick or Shift + RClick. I haven't used that particular feature in years.

-Mike