Please Help! I think I Bricked My X

Codeballz

Reaction score
I'm losing sleep over this ive been on the computer for days trying to find answers and none have worked so i need a step by step instructor please! Ok heres my problem i was running Apex rom and i saw that GB rom came out so i was going to install that. everything went fine so i thought..but now my X wont boot up, its just stuck on the boot animation. ive done numerous factory resets wiped cache still wont boot up. ive tried flashing spf file to get it back to stock but RSD lite does not recognize my droid, i have it in bootloder ive tried different versions of RSD lite nothing works. i know its not a lot of info but im typing out of frustration! if someone could please help me id be more than happy to give them more detailed info

Thanks
Codeballz

Last edited:

d3vilfish

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question but have you tried a battery pull

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

Codeballz

Reaction score
yea ive pulled the battery many times pulled the SD card everything...

OP
C

Codeballz

Reaction score
Ok no worries I got it fixed the problem was I was trying to spf using windows 7 as soon as I tried using windows xp it flashed right away! So for those that are having this problem I suggest using XP

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Or right-click on RSD and run as administrator! ;)
This is a must for windows 7 when installing and running

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
C

Codeballz

Reaction score
I did that and it was still a no go. I was so frustrated. Worked the very first time on windows xp. I read somewhere that for some reason it's a real pain doing it on 64 bit windows7

jdm627

Reaction score
The real problem it´s not your windows! The problem it´s the stock are you using, I posted some where the solution and looking for you.

jdm627

Reaction score
On your own risk
I´ll hope this help you like me.
wipe first
if 4.9 dosen´t work try with 4.8

To get back to stock:

1. Grab the SBF File
You must start the process with your phone running the official 2.3.340. If you have already upgraded to gingerbread grab this 2.3.340 sbf file.... 2.3.340 Official SBF file

2. Grab RSDlite
You must use RSDLite to use the sbf file from step 1 .... RSDLite

3. Grab the Drivers

4. Run RSDLite and sbf your phone back to 2.3.340
5. go into recovery and wipe data (otherwise you will bootloop)

Last edited:
OP
C

Codeballz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help i'll remember that next time...well hopefully there wont be a next time but as much as I mess around with roms I'm sure it will happen..this all started when I tried putting the new gingerbread leak on my phone.

jdm627

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help i'll remember that next time...well hopefully there wont be a next time but as much as I mess around with roms I'm sure it will happen..this all started when I tried putting the new gingerbread leak on my phone.

Not only hapened to you with GB many others like me got the same experienced but resolved.