Rotating is lagging

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
When I flip my phone, it lags severely. It is almost to the point where I have to wait at least three seconds for it to move. It is getting very annoying. Not only am I having problems with that, it's also just lagging in general. What could be the problem? Should I get a new sim card or just take it into a Verizon store and have them take a look at it?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you take the recent ice cream sandwich over the air update? If you did, you moved from from one operating system to another and your phone might have a few bugs left over. The easiest thing to do is to turn the phone off and back on a few times. That should settle things out. If that doesn't help, come on back and someone can help you through wiping your cache.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Along with what Mike said, its proven that a Factory Data Reset after an upgrade is effective and in many cases absolutely necessary.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Yeah, all of a sudden my phone updated itself. I'm guessing that is what is known as the ICS. Anyway, I will do what you said and restart my phone several times and then let you know what ends up happening. Thanks for the tips. Why is it called Ice Cream Sandwich by the way?

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
They name all of their operating systems after desserts. Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread, Jelly Bean.

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Okay, I reset the phone several times and the lagging continues...

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then the next step is to wipe the cache. Here's what you will do.

-Turn the phone off
-Press the volume up and down at the same time then press the power button. A menu will appear. Use your volume down button until "recovery" is highlighted then press the up volume button. Wait until you see an Android dude on his back with a red triangle.
-Press the volume up and down at the same time again. This will take you to a new menu. Use your volume up and down buttons to highlight "wipe cache partition" then press the power button. When it says compete go up to"reboot phone"and press the power button. Your phone will reboot normally. All your apps will be there but your data will be gone. If that doesn't work, repeat the steps but select "wipe data/factory reset" instead of "wipe cache partition"

If that makes you nervous, you can do an FDR by going to settings/privacy then selecting FDR.

Just realize an FDR will slick your phone and make it as if you just bought it. But it will be with ICS and not gingerbread. That should clear all your problems.

Last edited:
OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I am curious, but before I do this, can I also take out my SIM card? Or if I reboot it with the SIM card, will that information be lost as well?

And another question, if I do select an FDR, will I have to re-register the phone again?

Last edited:

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Removing and replacing the Sim card is the same as doing a *228. More for activation than anything else.

After an FDR, your phone will be in the same state as when you bought it. All apps, data, sms messages, call histories will be gone.

Last edited:
OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
All is good now. Thanks again for your support Mike and all others that commented!