rooting??

Reaction score
Hey guys just curious about this rooting thing. I have never even thought about doing it much less know how to do it. I was curious what the benefit of doing something like that? Also, if I do that, will I be able to use a ios app like Nike fuelband on my razr Maxx hd? Thanks in advance for your help.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey guys just curious about this rooting thing. I have never even thought about doing it much less know how to do it. I was curious what the benefit of doing something like that? Also, if I do that, will I be able to use a ios app like Nike fuelband on my razr Maxx hd? Thanks in advance for your help.
Rooting by itself does nothing for you or your phone. It is like unlocking a door, unless you walk through the door, nothing changes. With root you can run apps that allow you access to settings that you normally would not have; flash customized ROMs and themes, freeze bloatware and apps that you don't want to start and run, and you can run apps that may improve battery life (although on Maxx HD that's hard to believe) and memory usage. Bottom line...rooting by itself does nothing, it is what you do after root. I notice in your profile that you have an iPhone 4S...nothing that I have said applies to the iphone. If you have a Maxx HD, or think about getting a Maxx HD, you cannot root the current system version (4.1.2) at this time...hopefully that will change soon.