Rooting is too hard

jyoocp

Reaction score
Is rooting for thunderbolt just not noob friendly yet? i've been downloading all these files and i just give up i can't seem to do it.

dakoop

Reaction score
there is a three click root stickied in this forum

OP
J

jyoocp

Reaction score
do i need to install abd or something like that or can i just run it right away??

loveubuntu

Reaction score
IMHO, if you like to tinker with your phone, take 1/2 a day or so to learn SDK and adb. I did not know how to use them under Linux 3 weeks ago but was easy to learn.

OP
J

jyoocp

Reaction score
using windows, i just don't know what the f to do with the sdk installer after installing it htc sync doesn't sync to my phone and even if it did i wouldn't know what to do

OP
J

jyoocp

Reaction score
IMHO, if you like to tinker with your phone, take 1/2 a day or so to learn SDK and adb. I did not know how to use them under Linux 3 weeks ago but was easy to learn.

i see. is there a page where i can learn about sdk abd?

cpjr

Reaction score
Rooting the TB is actually quite easy once your familiar with a few things. The 3-step process thats out steps you right through it and if you dont know how to install/use ADB, run over to XDA-Developers forum and search for "ADB for Dummies", kinda a crash course.

OP
J

jyoocp

Reaction score
the file it asks you to download on the adb for dummies doesnt work does anybody have a different link?

adsfa34

Reaction score

+1 big time -- knowing advanced will allow you MUCH more control over your device. Plus access to a full-access Linux shell which is invaluable at the more advanced levels. Learning how to use the sdk and some simple Linux bash will go a long way toward learning to hack android.

Check out the Android Developer page. There is lots of info on there regarding the sdk, including adb tutorials and guides to help you learn android.

Good luck! It's not so bad once you dig in a lil :)

Sent from Sourcery

DroidStang

Reaction score
I don't really see a good place the ask this, but I figured here since you guys seem to know your hacks! When plug in I say as disk drive, F comes up, and I know this cause formatted the SD card, it has about 20 folderson it, one where photos are....the other drive came up as D CD drive, I actually made that T drive since windows loves lower letters for it externally plugged in extras....the question here is I'm sure that is the Phone itself, I thought I say the inside of it once but now just says no disk in drive....Do you have to be rooted to get inside that drive...I loaded Astro on the TB, does that do anything to see both drives on My Computer? Thanks.

cpjr

Reaction score
On my rooted TB (and was the same on my rooted DX) I can see both drives on my Mac, but on my work PC can only see the sd card.

simpdogg

Reaction score
I was a little confused too, its more the terminology than the process.

SimpDogg

52brandon

Reaction score
learn ADB. It helps to prevent all the "HELP!!! I BRICKED MY PHONE" threads