newly rooted

immrmom

Reaction score
Totally a noob to rooting and I surprising was able to root my phone. I have a few questions as to the best ways to taking advantage of a rooted thunderbolt. I know these questions have been asked but I want to make sure I get the answers.
1) I downloaded Titanium Backup and noticed that you can uninstall bloatware from there, is this the a good idea or use something else to remove bloatware?
2) Setup suggestions on getting the most out of my thunderbolt while still getting decent battery life. (roms, kernels, overclocking, etc)
3) Any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

NipplesAnLicks

Reaction score
Always read be for you try anything and read peoples problems and outcomes.... after your rooted do not take your phone into verizon.... I just report my phone stolen and say I found my phone a week later so you can still use it as backup

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cc16177

Reaction score
Always read be for you try anything and read peoples problems and outcomes.... after your rooted do not take your phone into verizon.... I just report my phone stolen and say I found my phone a week later so you can still use it as backup

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If you report your phone as stolen that ESN can never be activated again as far as I know, and I worked for Verizon for almost a year. I could be wrong though.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
Totally a noob to rooting and I surprising was able to root my phone. I have a few questions as to the best ways to taking advantage of a rooted thunderbolt. I know these questions have been asked but I want to make sure I get the answers.
1) I downloaded Titanium Backup and noticed that you can uninstall bloatware from there, is this the a good idea or use something else to remove bloatware?
2) Setup suggestions on getting the most out of my thunderbolt while still getting decent battery life. (roms, kernels, overclocking, etc)
3) Any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

1) i saw a thread a couple weeks ago about deleting ...had a list of the one safe to delete..I'll edit and add a link as soon as I clear the cobwebs and remember were I found it..in the meanwhile dont randomly delete for now just freeze them..works just as well.
2) everyone has there own opinion on roms ,kernals,ect..my 2 cents..the perfect storm v1.4 is the rom I'm using and since flashing I've seen inprovement in my batt life.
3)download root explorer and root manager from the market...some of the best tools for a rooted phone.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I freeze bloat with titanium. I don't know what it does but the apps are not running