Rooting Gingerbread help

agiordano

Reaction score
Hey guys i had a rooted froyo loved it. My buddy Got the X2 with gingerbread and it had some changes that i liked so i unrooted and upgraded. I have been having troubles with gingerbread and I want to root it and change the rom but i am basically retarded when it comes to the technically aspects of my cell and cant follow all the abbreviations others use. Should i find a way to go back to froyo and z4root and call it a day or is their an easy way to root gingerbread? Thanks for your patients!

Reaction score
Theres no easy way to root GB but in the stickies in the Liberty ROM DX forum on this site there are instructions on how to go from any ROM to Liberty GB and in it is exactly what you need to do. If you dont want the Liberty ROM just dont install the LGB 0.x zip at the end.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i had a rooted froyo loved it. My buddy Got the X2 with gingerbread and it had some changes that i liked so i unrooted and upgraded. I have been having troubles with gingerbread and I want to root it and change the rom but i am basically retarded when it comes to the technically aspects of my cell and cant follow all the abbreviations others use. Should i find a way to go back to froyo and z4root and call it a day or is their an easy way to root gingerbread? Thanks for your patients!

If you want to root gingerbread easily there is gingerbreak...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

But I don't know that it will work for the x2 or not ..I'm on d2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
He is on an D2 with GB. You have to sbf back to Froyo, root using Gingerbreak, then install the rooted D2 GB files.

CM74DX