Rooting gingerbread after OTA update

Reaction score
i know there is no easy way to do this yet. but can someone direct me to detailed instructions on the other method. i think i have to sbf back to froyo and then spf a rooted gingerbread. just looking for the exact instructions so i dont mess up

thanks!

milski65

Reaction score
There's a great 2 part video on youtube a step by step guide on how to install gingerbread 596 rooted. Very informative. Or google 1ksd linux solutions to your windows-rsd lite problems.

FernBch

Reaction score
There's a great 2 part video on youtube a step by step guide on how to install gingerbread 596 rooted. Very informative. Or google 1ksd linux solutions to your windows-rsd lite problems.

I haven't read this, but I can say you want it. It will give you links to a bootable linux file complete with all the scripts and files to SBF your DX back to stock Froyo.

Search here or over at MDW and you'll find a thread for the TBH 2-part prerooted GB 596 release. You'll need Z4Root, Droid2 Bootstrap, and both parts of the 596 build. I think the thread here says something like Gingerbread-Something for Everyone in the title.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

jasonD

Reaction score
Where do you find the liberty rom?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

KOBALT

Reaction score
I personally think the Liberty Donate is worth it in the market. You're supporting the devs as well as making it super duper easy for flashing. IMO.

jasonD

Reaction score
So i have followed the instructions to sbf back to stock, then root, installed liberty bootstrap, then installed the 2 part gb. Now can i install the liberty rom from bootstrap or do i need todo do this process all over again? I dint mind donating, however i would like to try it out first to see if i even like it. Is the rom exactly the same from the market vs the link posted above? And the dwnld in the post would the where it had the mirror link, correct?

MattHenson20

Reaction score
So i have followed the instructions to sbf back to stock, then root, installed liberty bootstrap, then installed the 2 part gb. Now can i install the liberty rom from bootstrap or do i need todo do this process all over again? I dint mind donating, however i would like to try it out first to see if i even like it. Is the rom exactly the same from the market vs the link posted above? And the dwnld in the post would the where it had the mirror link, correct?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I would flash Liberty GB .8 first, then .9, .8 has the .596 kernel update

jasonD

Reaction score
I installed the 2 part tbh, which gave me the rooted GB.

Reaction score

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I would flash Liberty GB .8 first, then .9, .8 has the .596 kernel update

If you go from scratch to .9, you have to install the 2-part rooted GB from TBH, then you can install .9

If you're already on .8, you can flash .9 directly over it, but you would have had to flash the 2-part rooted GB before you installed .8 because none of the newer LGB builds have the kernel built into them.

Reaction score

The link I posted contains LGB 0.8. If you want to try before you buy, go ahead and install that, as 0.9 has very few changes above 0.8. And yes, you can install LGB directly from within ClockworkMod. Download it, stick it on your SD card and do an "Install update from zip"

Note: If the LGB file you downloaded doesn't have a .zip extension, just add it. Some of the toolbox download versions didn't include the .zip.

Also, if you downloaded the file from the Liberty toolbox, you'll find it in /sdcard/liberty/nightlies.