DX stuck on SW update screen

jklein74

Reaction score
I have a rooted froyo 2.2.1 (rooted via the adb method) and can't seem to get the OTA update for gingerbread now. In following steps listed on this website and others, im trying to SPF flash the original 2.2.1 ROM and when using RSDLite v4.9 to do so, the flash failed and the phone is stuck on the 'SW Update, In Progress...' screen and it seems RSDLite now thinks my phone is just some engineering flash device. It's very strange.

Can someone tell me what I might try next? I'm afraid to even unplug the phone from USB.

barski

Reaction score
Well, this is what "I" would do. Unplug the phone. Pull the battery, let it sit for a minute. Then try getting into the bootloader. If you can your still in good standing. Then download 2.3.340 sbf and flash that onto it.

Download and flash 2.3.340, then root via z4root. Then install the 2 part zip for rooted GB.

If you want rooted GB check this out.

Download: Official DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.596 for Rooted Users

bkcugs24

Reaction score
After stuck in bootloader, I tried flashing the full 2.3.34 to my unrooted DX that was running the most recent version of GB. Once my flash was at the end, there was no reboot and RSD said "flash failed''... now my DX is stuck in SW updating in progress. I tried flashing again two more times. same response...stuck in SW update.

Has anyone ever run into this problem? Any concrete answers?

Thanks for all your help!

If you want rooted GB check this out.

Download: Official DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.596 for Rooted Users[/QUOTE]