Rooting completely from Phone

michaelearth

Reaction score
I have a droid.x running 2.2.1 and I don't have access to a computer so is there any way I can root and overclock ( without flashing a rom) my phone solely on the phone?

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Z4 root is a one click root that most people use on the fly. And jrummy oc app avail in market.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
So all I have to is download z4root, let it do it's thing and that's it? That seems to easy..

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So all I have to is download z4root, let it do it's thing and that's it? That seems to easy..

Yes it is too easy. This is why the Malware attack happened. Because the root exploit can be done with a simple package of commands. If you don't have a pc handy, then z4root works just the same. I may be able to get you a link but I'm at work.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Alrighty. And a link would be greatly appreciated!

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Go to *********** (on your phone) and type in "z4root.apk".
-Credit Haloman800

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
Is 1.3 the latest version? And your 100% sure this will work on 2.2.1? Sorry im a little nervous..

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes 1.3 is the latest. I can assure you it works fine. I have only used it about 100 times. :)
You will be fine. DL the app, install it, then hit Perm Root. Let it do it's thing, it will reboot, and you are rooted. It can take anywhere from 1 minute to 10 so just let it be.

OP
M

michaelearth

Reaction score
I am now rooted! So I bought the droid overclcok app and im not quite sure how to set my phone past 1ghz within the app. Can you tell me the steps?

Thanks again

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well, I can give you a brief overview of oc'ing. Every phone is different. In the DroidX OC app, when you first open it is a menu. DO NOT SAET ANYTHING TO APPLY AT BOOT. Not until you know your phone's parameters. So to start, select Set Scaling FREQUENCIES. Ok to the warning. Then select ultra low voltage. You will see another warning pop up. Select the range 1.0ghz-350mhz to start. Run this for a few days. If you don't have reboots or problems, you can increase the voltage to 1.1 or 1.15 or 1.2. And run that for a few days. Or you can go into Advance after you know the phone is stable on whichever frequencies you like and set the voltage parameters. The lower the voltage going along with a higher frequency gives you stability problems so you have to find what works. Again, do not set to apply at boot or you will be in trouble if it doesn't like the settings.
You can also set up profiles under CPU Scaling to have the governor act certain ways at certain times. You can read the help menu in the app to get more info.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That method of testing works also.... i did a little different though. I had the SetCPU app before i got the jrummy oc app. I started with stock voltages and slowly increased to 1.25, 1.3, and so on (my phone runs up to 1.4 ghz ULV and the setCPU app ends at 1.2 and you cant change voltages). So each time i increased i ran the stress test in SetCPU for about 10 min then increased again and kept doing this until my phone froze and then went back to the one before. When it froze on 1.45 ghz at stock voltages then started over on low voltage. Kept doing this through low voltages and ultra low. I'd reccomend doing it this way because not every phone can run low/ultra low voltages.

You can get SetCPU for free off the xda forums by the way. (And no its not where someone payed and posted. The dev posted it on there with a donation link in it).

Sent from my Fissioned D2G