Why? I don't get it really...(remaded)

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Remade for moving for no reason. Stupidity? Idk here goes again..Don't move.

What made you guys move to gingerbread? I mean you know with something new comes bugs. You know wireless tethering is being tracked. You even know that it isn't rootable yet. So why, why did you leave 2.2 or 2.2.1 from gb? I'm very very curious in what went through your minds.(those that updated) Was it for the M logo being changed to red? Was it so you could close out 1 notification at a time? I mean, it's just like upgrading from a droid x for a droid x2, what's the difference? If any at all, it is very little. For me I'll be on 2.2.1 for now because everything is just so perfect.

----------
Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.2.1 that's ROMED on Darkslide4.2Blur and [email protected]

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I updated to Gingerbread at the first leak 573. For me this version of Gingerbread is stable, fast, a great upgrade feature wise, with no issues. In addition tethering is still available to me when and if I ever feel the need or requirement for that feature.

Beka27

Reaction score
I updated b/c I wanted to. The M logo is of no great importance for me. The individual deletion of notifications are nice, but not extremely important. Any issues I've experienced have been minor, and with recent app updates, have now been fixed. I use a home replacement launcher anyways... So stock blur does not affect me. My phone IS rooted (thank you TBH), I would never settle for being unrooted, I want to use my phone the way I want to. And as far as wireless tether... I PAY for my internet service, thank you very much.

(from Beka's DX)

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
Remade for moving for no reason. Stupidity? Idk here goes again..Don't move.

What made you guys move to gingerbread? I mean you know with something new comes bugs. You know wireless tethering is being tracked. You even know that it isn't rootable yet. So why, why did you leave 2.2 or 2.2.1 from gb? I'm very very curious in what went through your minds.(those that updated) Was it for the M logo being changed to red? Was it so you could close out 1 notification at a time? I mean, it's just like upgrading from a droid x for a droid x2, what's the difference? If any at all, it is very little. For me I'll be on 2.2.1 for now because everything is just so perfect.

----------
Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.2.1 that's ROMED on Darkslide4.2Blur and [email protected]

I've been wondering the same thing. I tried GB three times and it totally sucked. I had more problems than I saw advantages. No way will I go to GB again. It is a joke... Alpha release at best.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Quit trolling. You already posted this once today.

Leung

Reaction score
I just wanted to see what it was all about. I'm back on a rooted Froyo.

cccmhhh

Reaction score
I did it because I was dumb..... It sucks. Now what do I do? Can I go back to Froyo? Im bummed to say the least. This X is like a Buggy old BB Storm now. Slow and irratic with a poor battery system.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Sure you can sbf back to stock froyo and go from there. I debated about it waited a few days eventually took the plunge few annoying issues but more are getting worked out and a bunch of nice improvements. Having the ability to hop to a certain section of the contact list with a tap instead of endless scrolling alone might be worth the upgrade for me :p

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Having the ability to hop to a certain section of the contact list with a tap instead of endless scrolling alone might be worth the upgrade for me :p
Lol just go to contacts and press the hard key search button and then a letter or their name or close to it. What do you mean if not what I thought you did?

Glad to see most people agree about gb sucking. I'll never upgrade. Thank you, for every ones input.

----------

Last edited:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Im on .573, and have been since its first week release, and have not even thought of going backwards to Froyo...not even long enough to do the OTA upgrade to GB. Why, because .573 is still kicking ass on my DX, I have absolutely no issues with my phone, everything works and works the way it is supposed to.

Now, my DX did the same thing on Eclair out of the box, Froyo from day 1 when I got the OTA, and 2 versions of Liberty while on Froyo...so I chalk alot of my phones success up to the actual phone...I got a great handset from Motorola!

Stay on Froyo if you are happy, but dont believe GB is an "Alpha" release...it isnt by any shot. GB in conjunction with the new Blur makes a good DX better...and a DX like mine a beast...and one I will not part with for a while longer...

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Lol just go to contacts and press the hard key search button and then a letter or their name or close to it. What do you mean if not what I thought you did?

I almost edited my post to point out that yes I knew I could search but that is one more tap and maybe my thumb is too short but that hardware search button is a PITA to reach with one handed operation for myself at least.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used all GB builds except for .596. It is better than Froyo. Way better, especially with ZombieStomped

sent from my ZombieStomped X