rooted stock OTA

barbee

Reaction score
ok, so my phone is rooted running the stock sense ROM 2.1 I have not upgraded my radio and am wondering what i should do when the OTA hits. I have ROM Mgr. Premium.
I have just been a little hesitant of flashing a new radio. Should i go ahead and get the new radio or wait for the OTA form big red???

Thanks

pmas

Reaction score
ok, so my phone is rooted running the stock sense ROM 2.1 I have not upgraded my radio and am wondering what i should do when the OTA hits. I have ROM Mgr. Premium.
I have just been a little hesitant of flashing a new radio. Should i go ahead and get the new radio or wait for the OTA form big red???

Thanks[

Last edited:
OP
barbee

barbee

Reaction score
I went ahead and updated to the latest radio and skyraiders 2.5 ROM

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

djkms

Reaction score

Thanks
updating the radio alone, will cause your phone to crash when recording video. Don't do it.
Updating the radio AND a froyo rom will work though. Only thing is, froyo roms have bugs, particularly with battery in standby.

This is not true. The latest radio with a ROM release of 07/27 or later has no issues anymore with video recording.

Also the releases dated 08/01 or later have almost all of the bugs worked out, as a matter of fact I dont know of any bugs left besides the audio one which has a simple patch to fix. Skyraider 2.5 has this fix built in.

The battery standby issue is a app issue (mainly the new version of facebook) and not a ROM issue.

pmas

Reaction score
Last edited: