Rooted...now what?

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Ok, I finally got my DROID Bionic rooted (thanks http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/238495.htmlsargentmajord for the noob friendly guide). My question is, now what do i do? I am a super noob when it comes to this, so keep that in mind :D I really wanted to use the mobile hotspot and tethering, but I am still unable to use those. I am sure that there is more to this, but like I said, I am a noob at all of this. Thanks in advance!!

OP
NorthGuard

NorthGuard

Reaction score
The more time I spend on here, the more I learn, lol. I just installed eclipse 2.1 last night. I really wanted tethering and/or mobile hotpot. I can pickup the connection on my laptop using either one, but it has limited connectivity. Nit sure what to do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

eye_dea

Reaction score
There is an app in the market called Foxfi. It is pretty cool and works well with the bionic.

OP
NorthGuard

NorthGuard

Reaction score
That's what I am using. Seems pretty straight forward. I used my alienware to try to hook up to it and got the limited connectivity, I'll have to try my wifes laptop and see if it works.

OP
NorthGuard

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks.

yog-sothoth

Reaction score
There is an app in the market called Foxfi. It is pretty cool and works well with the bionic.

You can use that without rooting. If you're already rooted, download android-wifi-tether (it is not available in the Market for Verizon users).

OP
NorthGuard

NorthGuard

Reaction score
You can use that without rooting. If you're already rooted, download android-wifi-tether (it is not available in the Market for Verizon users).

What's the difference between the two? I am rooted, but got foxfi working this morning. Just curious if the other is better since I am rooted.

OP
NorthGuard

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Awesome, love the ad blocker. I will have to mess around with the fonts also. I already had Titanium backup, but didn't know I should freeze/defrost the bloatware. Good thing the only one I removed was the Blockbuster app. I ended up installing Eclipse 2.1, so I don't have any bloatware right now anyways. Now if I jsut knew how to get back on the OTA update path or switch roms, lol.

RyTheGuy

Reaction score
Hey Northguard.....SUPER newbie here too, and VERY technologically impaired. Droidmodderx has avery helpful channel on Youtube with step by step instructions on a lot of the things you're wanting o do. Using SQLite Editor to hack into your hotspot (SUPER easy) and flashing new ROMs and explaining new things as they are coming out. He's uber helpful, so check him out.

[video=youtube;fKwU4Zi4zF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKwU4Zi4zF8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

OP
NorthGuard

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Cool, thanks!

yog-sothoth

Reaction score
What's the difference between the two? I am rooted, but got foxfi working this morning. Just curious if the other is better since I am rooted.

WiFi Tether lets you choose the wireless channel; Foxfi currently lacks that option.