How do I get Webtop on my .893 Eclipse 2.0 rooted phone?

finkalink

Reaction score
I'm using Eclipse 2.0 on my Bionic and loving it so far. I do have a question though. I would say I'm no noob, but not super advanced, so please bear with me.

My Bionic is rooted, with 5.7.893.XT875, and the Eclipse 2.0 ROM on it. I have CWM through Bionic Bootstrapper. I know there is a webtop hack, but I tried flashing it through CWM with no result. I would really like to get this up and running if I could, does anyone know of any way to get me there? Thanks for the help!

OP
F

finkalink

Reaction score
Re:

Thats actually the link that I used to try and do it. I flashed the zip and didn't end up with webtop.

gsDroid

Reaction score
Did you get any error on the flash or did it finish normally? Several people confirmed in the thread that it works with Eclipse 2.0 and 2.1.

OP
F

finkalink

Reaction score
The flash reported as working fine, but after boot and whatnot, the webtop app didn't appear and nothing happened when I plugged it into my tv.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Stupid question... I have web top but HOW do I use it? Do you need the dock?

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

gsDroid

Reaction score
There are two docks, standard and media. The media dock allows you to connect to your tv through a micro hdmi > hdmi cable and has two usb ports which can be used for a keyboard and mouse. You can then control your bionic through those and use your hd big screen tv for a display. The webtop app gives you access to all kinds of features such as connecting to any of the social network applications and to a Firefox browser. You can play your videos and show pictures. It is very cool.

Without the media dock, there is a webtop app hack that can be flashed so that just connecting the bionic to the hdmi cable, you get the applications without the media dock. You can control it with a bionic on-screen keyboard and swipes for mouse movements, or connect to a bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse to get the same effect as with the media dock. If you haven't seen this, there are videos on youtube and I think google has some info in their android sites.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Thanks gsDroid! That does sound pretty cool! I may have to look into that dock!

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC