Rooted now how to remove apps

Dragnz24

Reaction score
Now that I have had my DX for a couple of weeks now I finally rooted the phone. I am trying to remove that stupid block buster app but i guess i am going about it wrong. I am going to settings/applications/manage applications and trying to uninstall from there. what am i doing wrong?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You can't uninstall the bloatware from there. You'll need to get Titanium Backup Pro or Root explorer to do it.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't do it that way. The easiest way to do it is to D/L Root explorer and navigate to /system/app and rename the app you want to remove to: appname.apk.bak. then reboot.

savageroot

Reaction score
You can't do it that way. The easiest way to do it is to D/L Root explorer and navigate to /system/app and rename the app you want to remove to: appname.apk.bak. then reboot.

I have an Incredible that I just rooted last night (2/17), I assume the process is the same for my device as well. I did what Tallica posted using the Super Manager app, I used the Amazon MP3 app as my test subject.

I renamed the file, adding ".bak" to the end of the file then rebooted my phone. The amazon app no longer shows in the app list (yay!) but did the application actually get removed from from the device or is it just hidden from view?

My goal here is to remove all of the nonsense that VZW has pushed to my phone. I have no need most, if not all, of the junk from VZW.

Any tips would be appreciated.

A

abn75

It is not gone from your phone, renaming it simply removes it from the list of installed apps. If you really want to get them completely gone, make a nandroid and use root explorer and go in and delete them, that way if something goes fubar you can restore the nandroid. Personally I would just rename them and not worry about it.

Sent from my DX running DS4.2