Battery manager force closing. Help

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got my Droid X on the 3rd and finally let the battery drain until it shutdown the phone. Now after a full recharge I can't access the battery usage statistics section under battery manager. It just keeps force closing. The error says that "The Application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I am not rooted and have shutdown the phone several times and even pulled the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EDIT: It seems that plugging the phone in to charge while on, reset what ever was going wrong. Often the simplest and most obvious answer is the right one.
I would like this thread closed please. ;)

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I got my Droid X on the 3rd and finally let the battery drain until it shutdown the phone. Now after a full recharge I can't access the battery usage statistics section under battery manager. It just keeps force closing. The error says that "The Application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I am not rooted and have shutdown the phone several times and even pulled the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

EDIT: It seems that plugging the phone in to charge while on, reset what ever was going wrong. Often the simplest and most obvious answer is the right one.
I would like this thread closed please. ;)

Moto had said this is a known issue with the 2.2 update for the droid x.

Natey2

Reaction score
On my DroidX , Battery Usage works once in a while. Haven't been able to figure what triggers the crash, but it will work at some later point in time, so I keep checking.

Natey2

Reaction score
Appears to be fixed in 2.2.1

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App