Rooted DX, but lost most phone contacts

DrifterX

Reaction score
I rooted my friends DX and flashed Liberty on there. But today, he told me that most of his contacts were lost. He did have some trouble remembering what his gmail acct was, so he had to reset the pw. It's still under the same acct, did that reset pw lose majority of the contacts? Help pls, I don't want to have to sbf his phone, unless he goes GB.

Sent from my DROIDX

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a common issue the first time you flash a rom. Stock blur backs up your contacts to backup assistant instead of Google and so when you first boot a blurless rom, your contacts go missing. Have him go to the Verizon website and log in, then go to the backup assistant page and there will be an option to save a csv file of your contacts. You might have to dig for it a little, I don't remember where it is exactly. Drop that csv file from your PC on to his SD card. Then go in to his contacts app and hit the menu button and choose import/export and then import contacts from SD. It will scan for csv files and then you can import the one you saved.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, i'll have him do that.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
One last thing, so if Liberty is a blurless rom....is the leaked Gingerbread, the same thing also? Just in case if he has trouble with getting his csv files...should I flash him to Gb, if it is a blur rom? That might bring all his contacts back. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROIDX

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
GB is blur. You could also just restore to the backup that should have been made before flashing the rom and sync them that way. If you flash GB then you would have to sbf back in order to get back to liberty.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
But that backup I made, that would bring him back to stock rom? Then I could reroot and flash to gb, right?
Sent from my DROIDX

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That would put you back to however it was when you made it. You would already be rooted because CWM requires root to be installed.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
Yea, that's right. I'm hiding in bathroom instead of working.lol ok thanks alot!

Sent from my DROIDX