Force closes - apps not working - need some help here please

Reaction score
Long story short -
My buddies Dx was rooted via z4root. Got the ota to GB, then everything went awol. We uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. That helped with some. He has factory reset like 3 times now. He has major issues with force closes, when he runs pandora it works fine until a text comes in or a call, then he has to reboot to get it to work again. Something didn't go right with the ota.

The only thing left to do is a sbf. I don't know what sbf version to use though? Anyone tell me please?

His phone is now at 4.5.605 mb810 android 2.3.3

Thanks guys!:hail:

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
Savagerun,

Thanks for the reply! Do I have to use this method? I already have the full 602 sbf file on my drive from when I couldn't update my dx. Or do I have to sbf it via the method u posted.

If he still wants root, then I can use the d3 method like I did mine.

Thanks again!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

debrad0307

Reaction score
Before you get that OTA update you have to make sure the phone is completely stock without root. That's probably what happened. Yes you are going to want to use the dx3 root method once you are on gb. If you already have the sbf file then go for it. :)

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
debrad - Thanks for the reply! I did end up using the .602 sbf file. It went very smooth. I then did a factory reset and downloaded the OTA to .605. Then used the dx3 root and obtained root. Updated apps and all was well.... so I thought. Last night he texts me and says that his pandora stops working when the screen times out and it rebooted. I asked him tonight if there were any issues and he said he turned off the screen timeout last night and all was well. I told him to play with using the screen timeout and see if it stops working again. He came back and said it kept going and that it seems ok now?

Not sure if last night was a fluke or what ?

debrad0307

Reaction score
That is odd.. maybe its Pandora. Was there any update for Pandora? I'd check out the reviews for it on the market to see if anyone else is having the same issue. I will play around with mine and see if I'm having any issues.

Sent from my DROIDX

debrad0307

Reaction score
**update** mine does not do that however I did check out the reviews and a lot of other people are having that same issue. I would assume that there will be a fix for it soon. Have him keep checking the market for an update. Good news is its not his phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have not had an issue with pandora either. Obviously it was a fresh install on his phone too, so he has the latest and greatest version.

I will tell him to keep an eye out for an update...

Thanks again for the help!

Ben

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums