Rooted Droid Market issues

SunPenguin

Reaction score
I rooted my droid a while ago, and for a while was using CM 4 (Eclair) with no problem. Just last week I finally updated to CM 6.1.2 to get Froyo. I backed up using rom manager. I also had a Nandroid back up. And long story short, now I'm having 2 issues with the market.

One is that my current market (1.82) couldn't see all the apps, even some of the popular ones i used to have (including Flixster, BoA banking app, Yelp). And also before I flashed to CM 6.1.2, I had a newer version of market running (2.2.7), but I guess when I downloaded the Gapps add-on with CM, 1.82 is the version that comes with it. So now I don't know how to get my market updated. I did back up the market using titanium back up (free), but i just couldn't get that to restore for some reason.

I'm pretty new to rooting phones, and so any help would be greatly appreciated. I looked around the forum, and some people seem to have similar problems, but I couldn't really understand how they fixed them.

B

bthomp21

Try going in to settings > apps > manage apps . Find market and clear cache and report back

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

meb309

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue. I can not find popular apps in the market now. Apps such as The Weather Channel or Twitter. I had this problem when I rooted my original Droid and remember having to download a separate file after rooting - a market fix. I can't seem to find this file anywhere now.

All suggestions are very much appreciated.

meb309

Reaction score
I'm rather surprised by the lack of responses. I have not yet fixed the issue. I guess I will do probably what I should have done from the start, visit CM's forums and look for help.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Click in my sig and flash my newest market... that might work for you... also, if your market is not working, you will have to flash back to when it was working for my market to work...

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"